DirecTV Adds Interactive Features to Punch Up 'NFL Sunday Ticket' Package
- Telewest Finds Gaming Partner for Broadband Interactive Platforms. Jenkins, Bob // Multichannel News;10/16/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p54
Reports the joint venture between Telewest Communications PLC and VIS Entertainment for the development of broadband interactive platforms in London, England. Impact of video games on interactive-television rollouts; Forecasts on the number of online gamers; Period for the exclusive use of the...
- COMCAST LAUNCHES CLOUD-BASED VIDEO PLATFORM IN WA. // CD Computing News;
The article reports that global media and technology company Comcast Corporation launched, X1 Platform, a cloud-base interactive television experience from XFINITY in Washington state.
- Comcast Launches X1 In Keystone Region - Next-Generation Cloud-Based Video Platform Now Available. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;1/17/2014, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p12
The article evaluates cloud-based interactive television experience, the X1 platform from Xfinity from Comcast, a global media and technology company.
- TECH BRIEFS. // Electronic Media;6/17/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p9
Reports developments in broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of June 2002.
- DirecTV Gives The Wink To Interactivity. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/06/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p24
Reports the launching of the satellite-delivered interactive television services developed by Wink Communications, Thomson Consumer Electronics and DirecTV in New York. Features of 'DirecTV Interactive powered by Wink' application; Ability of viewers to engage in two-way communication with...
- NASCAR's new vision. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 18, p50
Focuses on companies with interactive television with sports applications. Capabilities of choosing camera angles; Demand for NASCAR services; Information on data channel.
- Testing times for iTV. Hall, Richard // TVB Europe;Feb2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p33
Focuses on the adoption of digital video broadcasting for the market launching of interactive television services. Creation of an open-standard integrated market; Implementation of a set of Application Programming Interfaces and protocols; Speculation on the market demand of interactive television.
- IN BRIEF. // Broadcasting & Cable;09/11/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 38, p40
Reports developments in the broadcasting industry in the United States as of September 2000. Use of Liberate's software platform by Cablevision to deliver interactive services to homes; Introduction of an online destination for high school sports by FOXSPORTS.com; Selection of nCUBE as the...
- London News Network. Radlo, Nick // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Sep2001, Issue 315, p67
Reports on the activities of LNN as an interactive broadcasting network in London, England. Idea of centralization in converging news operation; Reason for the reluctance of LNN to use severs in transmission; Adoption of video as data model in the broadcast industry.