NHL, Doing as Expected, Shuts Down
- Revved up over what's on the box. // Autosport;8/22/2013, p101
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of buying a smart television (TV) with a BT Sport subscription.
- SportsChannel faces tough road to survival. McManus, John // Advertising Age;7/23/1990, Vol. 61 Issue 30, p3
Reports on the problems facing cable television (TV) channel SportsChannel in 1990. Factors which slowed the channel's growth; Amount paid by channel executives in 1988 to acquire exclusive TV rights for the National Hockey League; Number of U.S. TV homes reached by rival ESPN.
- Broadcasters welcome Sky victory. Beale, Claire // Campaign;07/30/99, Issue 30, p1
Reports on the decision of Great Britain's Restrictive Practices Court clearing the Premier League of operating a cartel over the sale of its television broadcasting rights. Impact of the decision in protecting BSkyB's hold on televised football; Support given by other broadcasters to the ruling.
- Tennis Is Served. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;12/16/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 51, p38
Focuses on an expected launch of a television channel 'The Tennis Channel,' in the U.S. Details of the deals made for distribution of tennis tournaments; List of shows to be aired on the channel; Planning on the infrastructure and staff for the channel.
- VALUE OF THE GAME. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p1B
Examines the relationship between sporting events and the cable industry and the high level of influence each has on the other. Domination of cable or broadcast networks in telecast rights of major U.S. sports; Consistent viewership ratings enjoyed by sporting events; High costs of acquisition...
- PASS making charge to become a free channel. Gargaro, Paul // Crain's Detroit Business;11/18/96, Vol. 12 Issue 47, p36
Reports on efforts by PASS Sports' to convert its paid programming to free basic services in the Michigan and Ohio territory. Renegotiation of some of its affiliate agreements; Terms and conditions as they relate to the agreement Comments from PASS General Manager Jeff Genther.
- Cox Tips Hornets-Centered Net In N'awlins. Umstead, R Thomas // Multichannel News;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p14
Reports on deals of the regional sports network Cox Sports Television, slated to launch on October 28, 2002 with several television networks. Terms of the agreement of the network with the ESPN channel to provide college-sports events and news programming; Plans of the network regarding its...
- Harry Newton's In Search of the Perfect Investment. // In Search of the Perfect Investment;3/16/2009, p1
A list depicting the television broadcasting schedule of tennis matches to be held in Indian Wells, Riverside County, California in March 2009 is presented.
- TRUE GRID. Flaherty, Mike // Entertainment Weekly;02/16/2001, Issue 582, p15
Comments on the violence and profanities in the broadcasting of sports and other television shows in the United States.