COO Bellville Leaves Charter
- CHECKOUT AT CHARTER. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;9/20/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 54, p10
Reports on the resignation of Margaret Bellville as chief operating officer of Charter Communications Inc. in the U.S. Decline in the shares of the cable operator; Salary of the executive; Executives to handle the responsibilities left by Bellville.
- CNNfn prexy Coffey resigns. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;01/18/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 34, p9
Reports on the resignation of Shelby Coffey II as chief executive officer of CNNfn cable television network. Reasons for the resignation.
- CNN's Johnson Steps Down. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;7/2/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p30
Cable News Network (CNN) chairman and CEO Tom Johnson announced his retirement Thursday, telling staffers in a memo that he wanted to spend more time with his family in California. CNN, which didn't name a successor, will be run by CNN News Group chief news executive Eason Jordan and network...
- Eyre's move to Pearson is good for UK commercial TV--and him. Snoddy, Raymond // Marketing (00253650);11/4/1999, p18
Comments on ITV cable television network chief executive officer Richard Eyre's resignation. Decision by Eyre to move to Pearson Television; Implications of Eyre's resignation on commercial television in Great Britain.
- Eyre calls for outsider to fill chief's role at ITV. Dignam, Conor // Marketing (00253650);11/4/1999, p1
Reports on ITV cable television network outgoing chief executive officer Richard Eyre's view that an outsider should be recruited to replace him. Reason for Eyre's resignation; Negotiation with ITV bosses on Eyre's resignation date.
- Eyre leaves tough targets for his ITV replacement to hit. Digham, Conor // Marketing (00253650);11/4/1999, p21
Comments on the impact of ITV cable television network chief executive officer Richard Eyre's resignation. Decision to become head of Pearson TV; Achievements that changed the tone of the network's relationship with advertisers.
- What strategy should Channel 4 follow? Reid, Alasdair // Campaign;6/4/2004, Issue 23, p12
The departure of a Channel 4 chief executive is less of a shock to the system than it once was. When the channel's founding chief executive, Jeremy Isaacs, made way for Michael Grade more than a decade ago, many worried that the Channel 4 culture, so carefully nourished and protected from...
- HBO--and nothing but. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;7/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p8
Reports the announcement of Jeff Bewkes, chief executive officer of HBO, on the unbundled payment of cable television service in the United States. Views of Bewkes on the customer demand of prices for services from HBO; Success of the South Carolina test on HBO subscription video on demand;...
- Charter Inks Pact With Va. Town. // Multichannel News;08/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p18
Reports on the agreement of Charter Communications Inc. with the city council to maintain its cable television franchise in Suffolk, Virginia.