This Much and No More
- MGM sets deadline; bids likely to shrink. DiOrio, Carl // Hollywood Reporter;3/9/2010, Vol. 413 Issue 35, p1
The article offers information on the newly set deadline of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (MGM) to fetch buyout bids for its film library. It discusses the proposal of six companies which were invited to the latest round of bidding which includes Time Warner Inc., Liberty Media Corp., and...
- Time Warner Tried to Re-Enter MGM Fray, SEC Documents Show. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/8/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p35
Presents information on the re-emergence of Time Warner Inc. in the auction for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. on September 23, 2004. Background of its withdrawal from the auction on September 13; Deal of Time Warner with Kirk Kerkorian; Victory of Sony Corp. in the auction.
- Lion for sale, virtually. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;11/25/2009, Vol. 335 Issue 38, p1
The article reports on the sale of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) Studios Inc., which was announced on November 13, 2009. It mentions that Moelis & Co., hired by MGM has started sending nondisclosure agreements to possible bidders. It also says that Moelis & Co. has set up a virtual room in an...
- Lenders let Cooper guide MGM auction. DiOrio, Carl; Kilday, Gregg // Hollywood Reporter;11/16/2009, Vol. 412 Issue 16, p1
The article reports that the auction process of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (MGM) based in the U.S. will be guided by MGM chief Stephen Cooper. MGM auction which is starting to unfold will be headed by Cooper as lenders holding 3.7 billion dollars in MGM debt have allowed Cooper to control...
- MGM Acquisition of Time Warner Would Have Implications for Book Division. // Book Publishing Report;12/29/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p6
Reports on the planned merger between Time Warner Inc. and movie studio Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. in the U.S. Advantage on the merger of the companies; Effect of the merger on the business operations of Time Warner; Financial implications of the merger.
- TW, Lionsgate stay in the hunt for MGM. diOrio, Carol // Hollywood Reporter;2/8/2010, Vol. 413 Issue 15, p3
The article reports on the process to find a buyer for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (MGM) wherein Time Warner Inc. and Lionsgate Entertainment Corp. have been invited to stay in the round.
- TW taking new look at the Lion. // Daily Variety;12/18/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 53, p1
Reports on the plan for the merging of MGM and Time Warner Inc. in the U.S.
- LION PLAYS THE FIELD. Goldsmith, Jill; Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;6/29/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 60, p1
Reports on Time Warner's merger negotiation with MGM. Market value of MGM; Gathering of MGM executives and shareholders at Lion's Los Angeles, California headquarters for the company's annual meeting; Speculations on the financing of a Time Warner deal; Competing bid of Sony-led consortium for MGM.
- Movie bid sweetened. // BRW;9/9/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p81
Focuses on the cash bid of Time Warner for Metro-Golden-Mayer in the U.S.