LION WILL ROAR
- The Media Industry Is Falling to Pieces. Schatsky, David // Television Week;1/30/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p10
The article comments on the fragmentation in the U.S. media industry. Cable companies, representing an old-guard pipe for content, are threatened, but those, such as Comcast, that are aggressively experimenting with on-demand distribution models and the creation of their own content have a...
- Multichannel News Index (MNI). // Multichannel News;1/13/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p20
Statistics are presented on the Multichannel News Index (MNI) of Multiple-System Operators (MSO) like Comcast, Cablevision, and TimeWarner Cable, Programmers like AMC Networks, CBS, and Discovery Communications, and the Telephone companies AT&T, Sprint Nextel, and Verizon.
- Grappling With Millennial Age. Egan, Michael // Multichannel News;11/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p33
The article presents the author's views on the reasons why consumers tend to disconnect cable connection. He interviews these consumers and found out that the disconnection of the cable was due to their thinking that the value of basic cable and a set-top box justifies a price of 65 dollars or...
- Cable Ã la carte: Pay per channel. // Consumer Reports;Jun2004, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p61
Asserts that television cable companies are price-gouging and underserving consumers in the U.S. Annual increases of cable television service payments experienced by cable consumers; Suggested solution to the problem; Views of the Consumers Union.
- Networks Get Busy in a Crowded Market. Littlejohn, Janice Rhoshalle // Multichannel News;6/11/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p28
The article reports on the increasing competition of cable television networks in the U.S. to get their share of the female audience. Women account for over 50 percent of the population and they represent major purchasers in most households. Niche programming continues to attract advertisers...
- Legal Issues Concerning Cable Television: The Greek Case. Iosifidis, Petros C.; Kiki, Joanna P. // Communications & the Law;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Examines several issues concerning cable television (TV). Historical development of cable TV; Potential of cable TV; Legal delimitation of the medium; Access to cablecasting time with reference to Greek legal order.
- Cable Picture Looks Sharper For 2001, Especially Top Names. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the positive outlook for the cable television industry for the year 2001.
- TR!O Breaks Boundaries and Builds a Cult Following. Kokernak, Michael // Response;Aug2003, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Features the cable network, TR!O. Growth of TR!O's net ad revenue in 2003; Services offered; TR!O's budget for programming costs.
- Madison, Wis. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;02/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p6
Presents information about the state of the cable television broadcasting industry in Madison, Wisconsin as of February 26, 2001. Optimism of station managers that the market has a healthy economy and local advertising is up; Total amount in cable television revenues expected to be generated by...