Now Positive, Univ. of California Selling $369 Million
- Quinnipiac Univ. to Price $70M. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;11/6/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32502, p1
The article reports on the pricing of Quinnipiac University's revenue bonds for about $70 million in early December 2006 in Hamden, Connecticut. The move is made with the effort of the Connecticut Health and Educational Facilities Authority in behalf of the school. The bonds will aid the...
- ARKANSAS: Higher Ed GOs on the Way. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/14/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32508, p31
The article reports that some bonds that have been approved could be issued in coming months to fund the needed capital improvements at 11 public universities and 22 two-year colleges in Arkansas. The bond package includes $150 million for new projects and $100 million to pay down an earlier...
- Outside developers can help rein in school housing debt. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;03/24/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30605, p1
Focuses on the use of off-balance-sheet financing by colleges and universities in the United States. Reasons of companies for using the approach; Universities issuing revenue bonds for various construction projects; Importance of off-balance-sheet financing to the university's ability to...
- Brandeis Sells $25M Through New Conduit. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;12/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31772, p4
Reports on Brandeis University's $25 million bond issue in Massachusetts. Structure of the deal; Demand for Kansas bonds; Use of proceeds from the issues.
- Pennsylvania, N.J. Universities Have Big Plans on Campus. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;9/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31719, p32
Reports on the plans of various universities and colleges in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, to sale bonds for financing capital projects designed to accommodate increasing number of students and their increasingly sophisticated preferences for amenities. Plans of Pennsylvania Higher Educational...
- N.C. Selling $380M For Higher Ed, Water. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p3
Reports the sale of the public improvement general obligation bonds in North Carolina. Improvement and upgrade of classroom facilities; Schedule of sale; Expectation on the sale's success; Affirmation of bond ratings; Breakdown on the expenditures of the proceedings.
- UT System Horns In on Market With $100M PUF-Backed Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/30/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32268, p59
The article reports on the decision of the University of Texas (UT) Board of Regents to market multimillion-dollar offering of Permanent University Fund-backed flexible-rate notes in Dallas. The variable-rate deal, which will be offered competitively via the Muni- Auction electronic bidding...
- Southwest Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth; Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/31/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31959, p43
Presents an update on bond market activities in the Southwestern States as of August 31, 2004. Resignation of Denver, Colorado, Treasurer Steve Hutt effective November 1, 2004, to become executive director of the city's Employee Retirement Plan; Eligibility of all public colleges and...
- Univ. of Michigan Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;08/16/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30955, p2
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's decision to upgrade its ratings for the University of Michigan's bonds backed by a broad revenue pledge. Upgrading of the university's bonds secured by faculty practice plan revenues.