Voters Defeat $68M Deal for Texas School District Being Probed
- Trends in the Region: San Francisco School Probes Stir Worry of Voter Backlash. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/16/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31267, p40
Focuses on the concerns regarding reaction of voters due to investigation for misuse of proceeds collected from bonds by San Francisco Unified School District, California. Impact of the issue on other school districts in the region; Amount of proceeds used by the school district for purposes...
- COSTLY LESSON. DARRAGH, TIM; ESACK, STEVE // IRE Journal;Fall2009, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p14
The article focuses on an investigation related to a local school district's borrowing plan using variable rate bonds and swaps. Some school district in Pennsylvania were at risk due to the use of variable-rate bonds and unregulated swap instruments. Investigations show that the board has...
- Utah Auditor Requests Criminal Investigation. // Education Week;10/22/1986, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p3
The article reports that Utah state auditor Tom L. Allen has ordered the attorney general of the state to conduct a criminal investigation of local school districts in Salt Lake City and Uintah for possibly violating investment laws of the state. These school districts have allegedly been...
- Washington Schools Get Thumbs Up on Referendums to the Tune of $221 Million. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p3
Reports that several school districts in Washington are headed for approval for the sale of general obligation bonds. Total value of bonds that are waiting for approval; School bond measures which are approved in the year 2001; Approval won by the Auburn School District.
- Denver's Aurora Public Schools to Fund Intial Face-lift with $150M Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31583, p49
Reports on the plans of Aurora Public Schools to issue $150 million general obligation bonds in the United States. Underwriters of the deal; Ratings of the bond issue; Reference to bonds sold by the Schools since 1984.
- Pittsburgh School District to Sell $39 Million, With More to Come. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p5
Reports on the marketing of general obligation bonds by Pittsburgh School District in Pennsylvania. Increase in education spending; Construction of elementary school; Removal of pyrite from the foundation of a high school building.
- School Successes. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p31
Reports on the approval of bond issues among the voters in two independent school districts in Houston, Texas.
- Good News in Hand, Cincinnati Schools to Sell Record $480M. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/8/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31736, p30
Reports on the issuance of classroom facilities construction and improvement bonds by the Cincinnati City School District in Ohio. Schedule of the bond sale; Proceeds of the sale; Selection of Seasongood & Mayer as underwriter of the deal.
- Elgin Watch. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/8/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31736, p31
Reports on the approval of the sale of bonds by the board of education of Elgin School District U-46 in Elgin, Illinois. Amount of the bonds; Proceeds of the sale; Permission on the issuance of bonds without a referendum by the Illinois law.