TEA 21 Extension and Spending Measure for DOT Take Center Stage
- Highway conference committee convenes first meeting. // Pit & Quarry;Jul2005, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p40
Reports on the first full meeting of the U.S. House-Senate Conference Committee on H.R. 3 TEA-21 highway reauthorization bill. Discussion concerning the overall funding level of the bill; Legislators who attended the meeting; Efforts to address differences between the House and Senate bills.
- Highway funds extended but multi-year bill remains elusive. // Portable Plants & Equipment;Sep2015, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p10
The article reports on the approval of the U. S. Senate to the extension of federal transportation funding, which was first passed by the U. S. House of Representative, until October 29, 2015.
- P.R. faces 10% cut in federal transportation funding: U.S. House, Senate offer contrasting treatment in latest D.C. spending battle. Marino, John // Caribbean Business;3/15/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the 10% cut in federal funding transportation funding which depends on whether a U.S. House or Senate will prevail in Puerto Rico. The House of Representatives controlled by Republicans are pushing for a 260 billion U.S. dollar surface transportation bill expands oil and...
- Producers, manufacturers still waiting for highway bill. Hernan, Patrick // Pit & Quarry;Aug2004, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p50
Focuses on the concerns of stone producers on the national transportation bill in the U.S. Proposals of the House and Senate conferees; Level of funding for transportation infrastructure systems; Support to the states for the establishment of safe and efficient highways and transit programs. ...
- Election Guide. Bacon Jr., Perry; Calabresi, Massimo; Kher, Unmesh // Time International (South Pacific Edition);11/6/2006, Issue 44, p24
The article presents a guide for the U.S. midterm election on November 7, 2006. For the 2006 midterm election, voters will be electing for all the members of the House and a third of the Senate. They will decide on 208 ballot propositions including topics on gay marriage, tobacco, abortion and...
- Congress Day By Day. // Congressional Digest;Jan1923, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p117
Outlines activities on the U.S. Senate and House, from December 18, 1922 to January 16, 1923. Consideration of the Ship subsidy bill; Approval of the Naval appropriation bill; Approval of the bill permitting immigrants who entered prior to last March 7 in excess of the quota.
- Status of Public Questions Before Congress. // Congressional Digest;Dec30, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p305
Introduces a section in the journal "The Congressional Digest" focusing on all action on public measures by both the U.S. House and Senate. Alphabetical listing of subjects.
- Plan Earmarking $150M in Grants Likely to Be Approved. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31284, p5
Reports that the U.S. House and Senate are expected to give a congressional approval to an educational reform plan that would provide state and local governments with 150 million dollars in federal grants. Economic activities that will benefit from the grants; Authorization of funds discussed;...
- Senate Staffers Vow FAA Funding. // Business & Commercial Aviation;May2007, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p50
The article reports that a panel of staff members from U.S. House and U.S. Senate committees predicted that legislation reauthorizing continuation of U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) programs will pass the U.S. Congress. However, decisions on how those programs will be financed still...