Vetoed N.Y. Education Match Program May See Second Chance, Advocate Says
- College students protest drastic Pataki cuts. Brooks, Charles // New York Amsterdam News;3/6/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 10, p5
Reports on the participation of college students across New York in a protest against governor George E. Pataki's budget cuts to higher education. Proposals of the governor for spending on higher education; Views of educators regarding governor's budget cuts; Impact of the budget cuts on students.
- N.Y. Amendment Battle. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;10/20/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32242, p1
Reports that New York Governor George Pataki has slammed a proposition to amend the state constitution to alter its budget-making process. Implication of the proposal on the process of state spending; Order issued to strengthen the role of the governor in crafting a budget by the New York State...
- Effort to Reform New York's Public Authorities Gains Steam. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/6/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32023, p1
Reports on the effort to reform the public authorities in the state of New York. Approval of a bill pertinent to the move; Order issued to begin redefining the powers of their boards of directors by Governor George Pataki; Implication of the program on the relationship between the authorities...
- How Governor George Pataki Fed, Rather Than Fought, Government Bloat. Marin, George // American Enterprise;Oct2003, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p44
Deals with issues associated with the regime of George Pataki as governor of New York. Examples of measures that were signed into law by Pataki; Controversy associated with an education bond act that was supported by Pataki; Principles of fiscal restraint that were overlooked by Pataki as he...
- State antes up for downtown biotechs. // Crain's New York Business;10/7/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p14
Reports business developments in New York City as of October 2002. Receipt of Lower Manhattan Bioscience Project of its first commitment of public funds; Endorsement of the National Federation of Independent Business of governor George Pataki for re-election; Approval of George W. Bush of law...
- Debating the politics of business and the business of politics. Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;2/11/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p4
Comments on the proposed budget of governor George Pataki in New York. Volatility of the economy; Finance for higher and vocational education; Assessment of the press releases.
- Good news, bad news for businesses in Pataki budget. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;2/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p9
Discusses the impact of the proposed budget of New York Governor George Pataki on businesses in the state. Opposition of Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver on the budget proposals; Proposal by the governor to expand the Centers of Excellence technology research and development program; Plan to...
- Empire zones see spending cuts. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;2/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p10
Examines the impact of the proposed budget cuts of New York Governor George Pataki on economic development zones in the state. Proposals to reduce the state's rebate to municipalities; Payment of property local taxes by businesses within the Empire zones; Eligibility of Empire zone businesses...
- Train wreck. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/16/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 21, p46A
Comments on statements made by New York governor George Pataki regarding the state legislature's rejection of his austerity package. Pataki's statement regarding 'politics as usual'; Pataki's denial of the fiscal problem during his 2002 election campaign; Features of Pataki's austerity package.