Snow: Social Security Changes Needed
- The Adaptive John Snow. Wilner, Frank N. // Traffic World;12/23/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 51, p13
Comments on the appointment of railroad company CSX chairman John Snow as U.S. treasury secretary. Career background; Achievements of Snow in the transportation industry and as former U.S. Department of Transportation executive; Implications of Snow's appointment for the transportation and...
- The Incredible Shrinking U.S. Treasury. Barnes, Fred // International Economy;Spring2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on the status of the U.S. Treasury Department in Washington. Appointment of John Snow as the Treasury Secretary; Loss of influence for political and structural reasons; Details of the tax proposal of President George W. Bush.
- CHARTING A NEW COURSE FOR TREASURY. // National Journal;1/25/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p249
Focuses on the nomination of John W. Snow to replace U.S. Treasury Secretary Paul H. O'Neill. His career background; Benefits of his confirmation to the administration; Duties of Snow if his nomination is confirmed.
- World press: Place China's economic interests first. Laws, Forrest // Western Farm Press;9/20/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p4
Highlights the visit of John Snow, U.S. Treasury Department Secretary, in China. Failure of foreign manufacturers to pay living wages in comparing economic advantages; Status of the financial system of China; Focus of Chinese leaders on their lack of preparation to assume their role in the...
- An Experienced Hand. Gallagher, John // Traffic World;12/16/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 50, p10
Reports on CSX Corp. chief executive chairman John W. Snow's selection as secretary of the U.S. Department of Treasury. Favorable response from transportation sectors; Snow's promise to promote a pro-growth and pro-jobs agenda; Snow's mix of private sector and government experience.
- Snow Seen Getting Treasury Post Soon . Heller, Michele // American Banker;1/29/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 19, p20
Reports on the expectation of John W. Snow to be confirmed as Treasury Secretary by the U.S. Senate. Questions asked by lawmakers of the U.S. Senate Finance Committee at a confirmation hearing; Expectations of Treasury officials; Likely period of Snow's confirmation.
- Mixed Reviews for Selection of Snow. Dettmer, Jamie // Insight on the News;1/7/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p55
Reports on the reaction to U.S. President George W. Bush's selection of John Snow to replace Paul O'Neill as U.S. treasury secretary. Factor in the decision to offer Snow the position; First major task of the treasury secretary.
- Treasury's Abernathy Going to ABA. Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;1/11/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 7, p1
Reports Wayne Abernathy will become executive director for financial institutions policy and regulatory affairs at the American Bankers Association in February. Comment of ABA President Edward Yingling; Speculation on the reasons for Abernathy's resignation from his position at the Treasury...
- Social Security. Snow, John W. // Vital Speeches of the Day;7/15/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 19, p580
Presents a speech by John W. Snow, U.S. Secretary of Treasury, delivered to the Chamber of Commerce, Omaha, Nebraska on July 7, 2005. Importance of social security and retirement security to the country's economy; Efforts of U.S. President George W. Bush in providing leadership on tax reform...