Vendors Extend STP Reach, But Muni Sector Still Lags
- CIFG Saw 67% Growth in '05 Guaranty Business. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p7
The article reports on the 67 percent growth of U.S.-based triple-A bond insurer CIFG in 2005. The company's total gross reached $21.28 billion, from only $12.74 billion in 2004. The growth in the public finance of CIFG was the result in increased exposure to both newer and existing sectors for...
- A super-martingale property of the optimal portfolio process. Schachermayer, Walter // Finance & Stochastics;2003, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p433
We show that, for a utility function U : R ? R having reasonable asymptotic elasticity, the optimal investment process H S is a super-martingale under each equivalent martingale measure Q, such that E[this is equation is not represented in ASCI.txt] < 8, where V is the conjugate function of U....
- TBMA Releases Final Broker-Dealer Joint Account Agreement. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31931, p6
Reports on the release of a final standardized joint account agreement by the Bond Market Association in the U.S. Benefits of the agreement for broker-dealers who buy a block of municipal securities; Satisfaction of documentation requirements; Formalization of the creation of the account.
- Into Africa. // Finweek;5/18/2006, p73
The article discusses the role of debt instruments in the economic growth of South Africa (SA). Bond markets in SA remain underdeveloped, under-resourced and dominated by government and infrastructure debt. Bond Exchange of South Africa aims to use its experience and expertise to help grow...
- Corporate bond outlook. Sutherland, Andrew // Money Marketing;1/18/2007, p50
The author reflects on the corporate bond market in its valuation, relative supply and demand, and the degree of financial engineering in Great Britain. He mentioned that the company earning's growth has been robust at more mature stage of the business cycle and have been lowed and relatively...
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. O'Brien, Elizabeth; Vadum, Matthew; Cataldo, Adam L.; McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31991, p37
Reports on developments in the bond market in Northeast United States as of October 18, 2004. Plans of Westport, Connecticut to sell general obligations bonds; Tax reform meeting in New Jersey; Enterprise Foundation's pledge to aid housing development in New York City.
- Steel City's Cost Cutting Slog Drags on. Are Bonds the Answer? Dumiak, Michael // U.S. Banker;Aug2004, Vol. 114 Issue 8, p18
Focuses on the effort of the city of Pittsburgh to seek revenues to restructure its bond market in Pennsylvania. Details on the cost-cutting plans of the city; Accounts on the investments of bondholders; Status of the financial market.
- Munis Unchanged: Illinois pulls $1 Billion Sale. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;8/28/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32701, p2
The article provides updates concerning the municipal bond market yield in the U.S. for 2007. On August 27, the market was largely unchanged, while Illinois pulled its planned sale of roughly $1 billion of 60-day general obligation certificates. According to analyst Matt Fabian, despite the...
- Capitalising on institutional behaviour. Hambi, Bambos // Fund Strategy;5/15/2006, p14
The article reports on the move of many institutional investors to reallocate their assets in equities towards bonds in Great Britain. The trend has been influenced by the issue of pension fund deficits. However, the trend creates more opportunities for active retail investors to invest in...