Adelphia Auction Just a Start
- ADELPHIA AGREES TO RATE REFUND IN L.A. // Cable World (10427228);9/8/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p8
Reports on the decision of cable operator Adelphia Communications in September 2003 to refund the payments made by its subscribers in Los Angeles, California. Company background; Objective of the new management of the company after it filed for bankruptcy in 2002.
- Murdoch wins monopoly game. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Variety;12/2/2002, Vol. 389 Issue 3, pA6
Reports on the possible acquisition of Italian leading pay television cable network Telepiu by its competitor, Stream, as of December 2, 2002. Value of the deal; Restrictions that antitrust watchdogs may place upon Sky Italia; Forecast on the joint venture.
- Per-Sub Values Lose Primacy. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;4/11/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p20
Reports on the exclusion of per-subscriber values from discussions on cable negotiations in the U.S. Absence of the per-subscriber value in a bid for Adelphia Communications; Changes in cable subscribers that contributed in the absence of per-subscriber values in negotiation; Difficulty in...
- Too Much Is Never Enough: More Speed, But No Digging Required. Barthold, Jim // Communications Technology;Jul2005, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p13
The article reports that the cable industry is pursuing a Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) 3.0 version that would let operators bond four or more 6 MHz channels to deliver speeds of 100 Mbps upstream and 5 Gbps down. Those speeds could mean the ability to download a movie...
- HELMERS SPEAK OUT. Rooney, David // Daily Variety;11/9/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 50, p12
Reports the impact of the merger between pay television (TV) operators Telepiu and Stream to film financing in Italy. Effect of the merger to the motion picture industry; Concerns on the financial support to local film production; Link between pay TV and film production.
- News Corp. in Hallmark's Cards. Farrell, Mike; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;12/12/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 52, p1
The article reports on the plan of News Corp. to buy cable television channel Hallmark Channel. According to News Corp. president Peter Chernin, the company has made an initial bid for Hallmark. The second round of bids is expected to the held by the end of 2005.
- Tucson-area television service providers. // Inside Tucson Business;8/27/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p12
Reports the ranking of television service providers based on the number of subscribers in Tucson, Arizona. Number of channels handled; Price of basic services on a monthly basis; Parent companies of the service providers.
- NETWORK SUBSCRIBER COUNTS. // Multichannel News;12/2/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p28A
Lists cable networks and their number of subscribers under categories of basic services, pay services and regional basic services as of December 2002. Cable system affiliates and subscribers of A&E Network; Alternate distribution subscribers and total subscribers of ABC Family.
- People's choice: Top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/1/95, Vol. 125 Issue 18, p29
Lists the top basic cable programs in the United States for the week of April 17-23, 1995. Percentages of total households each network reaches; Ranking of top five pay cable programs ranked by households.