INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs
- THREE STAGES TO BANK OVER REGULATION. Bexley, James B. // Academy of Accounting & Financial Studies Journal;2014, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p89
Beginning in the Great Depression of 1929, Congress proposed the first major overhaul to regulation regarding financial institutions. It was the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933 accompanied by the Federal Deposit Insurance Act of 1933 that government felt would instill confidence in the banking system...
- Goldman Investment Revenue Leader. // American Banker;2/27/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 39, p24
Focuses on financial data from top investment banks during 2000. Revenue Goldman Sachs enjoyed; The fast growth that Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. saw during the year; How acquisitions affected Credit Suisse and USB AG.
- Investment Bank Profit Malaise Seen. // American Banker;3/19/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 53, p19
Reports on the falling profits that investment banks are experiencing as of March 2001. How falling stock prices has hurt their business; Expected declines in profits; How falling profits have affected several banks.
- A Comparison of Financial Performance in Investment Banking Sector in Pakistan. Raza, Ali; Farhan, Muhammad; Akram, Muhammad // International Journal of Business & Social Science;2011, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p72
Investment banks are the major contributors in economic development of a country. They have wide impact on capital and credit markets of a country. This study presents comparison of financial performance for the period 2006-2009 by using financial ratios and measures of investment banks working...
- Fort Worth/Dallas investment banking firms. // Business Press;07/02/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p20B
Lists investment banking firms in Fort Worth and Dallas, Texas. Includes Amerimark Capital Corp.; C.V. Lemmon & Co. Inc.; Capital Alliance Corp.; The CapSource Fund; FDI Financial Corp.
- ING to City firms: don't worry about conflicts. Begum, Husnara // Lawyer;11/15/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p1
Reports that Adrian Marsh, head of legal for ING Group, has moved to allay law firm fears about accepting instructions against major banks in Great Britain. Comments of Marsh on the issue; Investigation on ING's terms of engagement.
- Capital adequacy directive--investment banks concerned. // Accountancy;Dec1994, Vol. 114 Issue 1216, p102
The article reports on Great Britain-based investment banks' concerns about the implementation of the European Union Capital Adequacy Directive which is due to come to operation at the beginning of 1996. The directive insists on the banking book being considered separately from the trading book....
- Investment banking. Usmani, Huma // Economic Review (05318955);Jun99, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p28
Presents an overview of investment banking activities in Pakistan. Beginnings of investment banking in the nation; Scope of investment banks' activities; Background on the Crescent Group, the first investment bank in the country; State of investment banking in 1999; Future prospects for the...
- Banking and a new listing. Hasenfuss, Marc // Finweek;6/29/2006, p28
The article focuses on the new banking initiative and new listing offered by PSG, a Stellenbosch-based financial services group in South Africa. According to CEO Jannie Mouton that a key goal for PSG is to improve the annuity income streams that are not directly dependent on the equity market....