INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M&A
- You eat what you kill. Preston, Alex // New Statesman;9/28/2012, Vol. 141 Issue 5125, p22
The article discusses the decline of investment banking. In the author's view, hedge funds, private-equity firms, and other entities in the so-called "shadow banking" industry compete vigorously with investment banks in many areas. He surveys the history of investment banking, and opines that...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/1/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 30, p18
Presents charts and tables depicting investment banking statistics, particularly in private equity as of July 25, 2005 in the U.S. Second quarter 2005 all private equity fundraising; U.S. Fundraising; U.S. Fundraising by fund size.
- Is There A Credit Storm Abrewin' For The Fall? M. S.; S. Y.; C. J. C. // High Yield Report;7/23/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p1
The article discusses problems concerning the private equity and investment banking in the U.S. According to the Fitch Ratings show, bridges loan banks have taken as much as $13 billion plus the pulled leveraged buy out (LBO) debtor together could result a tighter credit condition. Meanwhile,...
- Barclays Buys Energy Investing Firm Stake. Mazzucca, Tim // American Banker;10/26/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 206, p20
The article reports that Barclays PLC's U.S. investment banking division announced that it made its first principal investment in the U.S., buying a 40% stake in an Irving, Texas private equity firm. Details of the investment were not disclosed. A comment from Barclays president Bob Diamond is...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: figs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/26/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 36, p42
Presents several charts depicting investment banking activities in global financial institution groups (FIG). Global FIG underwriting volume; Global volume by product; Recent global equity deals.
- PRIVATE EQUITY. // Global Finance;Jun2006, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p54
The article presents a corporate profile for several private equity banks identified as the best investment banks by the journal "Global Finance." Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.'s KKR Private Equity Investors raised $5 billion in its initial public offering in May 2006. Blackstone Group Inc. had...
- Birla PE Raises $100Mn in first 3 Months. // EmergingMarketsNOW;6/1/2009, p8
The article reports that Aditya Birla Group's Private Equity (PE) arm has raised US$100 million for the fund launched by it in March 2009. The fund was raised primarily from banks and financial institutions and it targets a corpus size of US$ 250 million. The fund focuses on the healthcare,...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/16/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the private equity performance in the United States investment banking as of February 16, 2004. Fourth quarter 2003 all private equity fundraising by state and region; Private equity fundraising; Top advisers on U.S. target leveraged buyouts.
- Boom Times For Middle-Market Firms. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/28/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p38
Focuses on the benefits of private equity dollars for boutique investment banks. Plan of some boutiques to hire, to open new offices and to expand their coverage to new sectors; Hiring by Ryan Beck & Co. Inc. of 21 institutional equity and fixed income trading and sales professionals, and six...