- DSL finds its voice - again. // Telecom Asia;Sep2006, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p12
No abstract available.
- Internode. // Australian PC User;Apr2006, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p29
The article evaluates the Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL) 2+ broadband service from Internode and offers information on its service charge and Voice over Internet Protocol service.
- VERIZON ADDS DIGITAL FEATURES TO
VOICEWING BROADBAND SERVICE. // RBOC Update;Jan2005, pN.PAG
Reports on the modification of the VoiceWing broadband services from Verizon Communications Inc. in the U.S. Features of the modified broadband services; Advantages of the services to Voice over Internet Protocol users; Background on the use of digital subscriber lines in the technology.
- BellSouth Mulls Speed Tiers, Pricing. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;6/23/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p27
BellSouth Corp. is eyeing possible changes to digital subscriber line (DSL) pricing and tiered speeds to better its chances in the broadband-services battleâ€” but that might not include a price drop in line with its Baby Bell peers. At the mid-year mark, the Atlanta-based regional Bell...
- How one community got DSL. Briere, Daniel // Network World;10/11/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p37
This article describes how a small island community in Maine obtained broadband Digital Subscriber Line service from Verizon Communications. Island residents were disqualified initially because the databases for the community were empty. The community found a way to list the residents applying...
- Step it up. // Total Telecom Magazine;Jul2003, p54
Discusses the views of some European telecommunication industry leaders on issues related to broadband services, particularly digital subscriber lines (DSL), as of July 2003. Competition between DSL and cable modem technology; Impact of the slow progress of local loop unbundling on service...
- Broadband Network Roll-Out in Germany - Recent Developments in Fixed Networks. Nacimiento, Grace // European Networks Law & Regulation Quarterly;2014, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p181
Regulating access to infrastructure forms an integral part of the efforts to improve broadband coverage. Recent regulatory developments in Germany in this respect relate to network access in order to deploy a newDSL technology which enables a substantial increase in bandwidth. On a different and...
- Shock tactics. BEKIARIS, MARIA // Money (Australia Edition);Sep2013, Issue 160, p48
The article offers ideas on managing telecommunication bills in Australia. It emphasizes the need to prioritize needs, such as how many tablets and phones are being used and needed. It discusses the issues that should be considered when analyzing mobile phones, as well as how to prevent bill...
- DSL: still in the loop. Taaffe, Ouida // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jun2006, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p30
The article presents the advantages brought by utilizing digital subscriber lines(DSL) in deploying broadband access. Price and reliability were some of the factors to consider when comparing DSL to fibre connection, while Asymmetric DSL and Very high bit-rate DSL promises reliable downlink...