IP-HAPPY PROVIDERS WANT YOUR 'PRESENCE'
- The Sleeping Giant Awakens. Priyadarshan, Eswar // Siliconindia;Oct2005, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p26
Focuses on the emergence and continued strength of the wireless data market in North America. Development of the wireless application protocol (WAP); Significance of interoperability in the market; Trends in the development of IP telephony.
- Taming the Internet. Ovenden, Francis // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1999, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p65
Discusses the challenges posed by the Internet to telecommunications operators. Multimedia traffic explosion; Migration of business traffic; Bleak outlook on profitability; Internet protocol (IP) quality of service (QoS); IP QoS infrastructure; Requirements in implementation; Router checklist.
- True lies. McGarvey, Joe // America's Network;11/1/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 16, p12
No abstract available.
- Real-world VOIP. Llana, Andres // America's Network;06/15/98, Vol. 102 Issue 12, p14
Discusses the need for Internet service providers to expand their switching fabric to support voice over Internet protocol (VOIP) capabilities. Evolution of VOIP technology; Technical challenges of establishing an Internet telephone service switching point; Development of protocols to address...
- IP-Phone-Service Rollouts Still Have Some Issues Left. Dawson, Fred // Multichannel News;05/15/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p95
Discusses the issues surrounding the United States commercial rollout of Internet-protocol (IP) telecommunications services. Challenge of getting the IP technology to operate efficiently at scale; Problem of integrating packet voice with other technologies; Need to implement very high degree of...
- Performance Analysis of Issues Related to Broadband Services. Gundale, A. S.; Yardi, A. R. // Proceedings of World Academy of Science: Engineering & Technolog;Jul2008, Vol. 43, p546
Satellite communication offers a number of advantages over traditional terrestrial point-to-point networks. Satellites seem an ideal means for offering Internet and intranet access over long distances and to remote locations. However, Internet protocols are required to be optimized for satellite...
- Exploring the converged network. // Multichannel News;9/27/2004 Supplement, Vol. 25, p6
Highlights the increase in interest of U.S. broadband service providers towards Internet Protocol (IP) converged network as of September 2004. Difficulties in building an IP converged network; Key elements to a converged network; Broadband service providers which plan to develop IP converged...
- WIRELESSMOBILE AD HOC NETWORK ROUTING PROTOCOLS - AN ANALYSIS. Thampi, Gopakumaran T.; Bharathi, K. N. // Golden Research Thoughts;Oct2014, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p1
This Paper presents the wireless network and adopted to authorize mobility. There square are 2divisions of mobile Adhoc network, infra-structured network and infra-structure less network. Mobile Adhoc networks (MANET) represents complicated distributed systems that comprise wireless mobile nodes...
- CITIES' WI-FI PLANS WORRY TELECOMS. // PM Network;Mar2005, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the possible future conflict between municipal Wi-Fi projects and commercial telecommunication companies in the U.S. Benefit of Internet services using Wi-Fi technology; Reason for the interest of communities in the idea of community owned-networks; Settlement between the city of...