Vendor Aiming for Commercial VoIP
- SHIVA BOOSTS ROUTER FUNCTIONS. // Telephony;02/10/97, Vol. 232 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the launch of a version of the AccessPort Integrated Services Digital Networks client router with added features by Shiva Corp. Integration of dynamic Internet telephony address translation; Small office and home office enhancements; Specifications.
- Performance Evaluation of Two-Node Tandem Communication Network with DBA having Compound Poisson Binomial Bulk Arrivals. Rao, Nakka. Thirupathi; Rao, K. Srinivasa; Rao, P. Srinivasa; Rao, Kuda. Nageswara // Computer Engineering & Intelligent Systems;2014, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p79
Communication Network is an important consideration for optimal utilization of resources. Several communication networks are studied through descriptive modelling dealing with characterizing the performance of the network. However, for optimal utilization of resources such as bandwidth,...
- By the Numbers. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jul2001, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p16
No abstract available.
- Gimme Five! Yang, Jack // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jul2002, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p42
Features the aggregation service routers for internet protocol networks. Reliability of legacy edge routers; Role of the design in delivering mirrored route state information; Elimination of cost and complexity of redundant digital cross-connect ports.
- Optimize Your Router for VoIP and Video Streams. Jacobi, Jon L. // PCWorld;Mar2011, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p89
The article focuses on the optimization of router for Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and video streaming. It discusses the need to manage traffic on devices if the level of performance of an application or device such as an IP phone is not satisfactory. The technique Quality of Service...
- Efficient Two Hop Local Route Repair Mechanism Using Qos-Aware Routing for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. Subburam, S.; Khader, P. Sheik Abdul // Indian Journal of Science & Technology;Nov2012, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p3651
An important challenge to enable real-time applications for MANETs is incorporating support for quality of service (QoS), such as delay and bandwidth constraints. To provide quality of service, extensions can be added to the AODV routing protocol while finding the route. These extensions specify...
- Q0S VoIP routers. Withers, Stephen // APC (Bauer Media Group);Feb2006, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p58
This article presents information on routers that improve the performance of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP). First-generation VoIP adaptors brought simple and affordable Internet-based calling to the consumer and small office markets. VoIP can use a fair percentage of the upstream bandwidth...
- Improving Security and Performance in the Tor Network through Tunable Path Selection. Snader, Robin; Borisov, Nikita // IEEE Transactions on Dependable & Secure Computing;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p728
The Tor anonymous communication network uses self-reported bandwidth values to select routers for building tunnels. Since tunnels are allocated in proportion to this bandwidth, this allows a malicious router operator to attract tunnels for compromise. Although Tor limits the self-reported...
- Wi-Fi Router Tips. // FRONT of HOUSE;Jun2015, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p57
The article presents Wireless Fidelity Router tips including investing in a decent quality router, carrying along a spare router while travelling, adding a Wireless Fidelity repeater to add range or coverage and to password-protect one's network.