S-A Gets a Jump Start in Houston
- Time Warner DVR Enhances Video Offering. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;9/8/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 36, p7A
Provides information on the Scientific-Atlanta Explorer 8000 digital video recorder (DVR) to be launched by Time Warner Cable. Features of the DVR; Price of the DVR; Disadvantages of the DVR.
- Subs Report DVR Glitches. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;10/25/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p8
Reports on the complaints from cable subscribers against the 8000-series digital video recorders produced by Scientific Atlanta in October 2004. Details of the reports filed by several consumers; Efforts of the officials from Time Warner Cable and Pioneer Digital Technologies to fix the system...
- Winging toward digital. McCarthy, Shira // Telephony;12/16/96, Vol. 231 Issue 25, p6
Reports on Time Warner Cable Inc.'s selection of Scientific-Atlanta Inc. as the primary digital set-top box contractor for its Pegasus digital cable program. Time's plan to buy 550,000 of Scientific-Atlanta's Explorer digitl set-top boxes, as well as 20,000 terminals from Pioneer and 250,000...
- Time Warner gets VOD, digital off the ground. // CED;Oct99, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p18
Reports on the launching of cable digital services by Time Warner Cable. Deployement of set-top devices from Scientific-Atlanta; Installation of digital headend equipment in the systems.
- Time Warner 'Explores' PVRs, HDTV. // CED;Dec2001, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p16
Reports the order of Explorer model boxes by Time Warner Cable from Scientific-Atlantc Inc. in the United States. Details of the financial terms; Relevance of boxes in the plan to rollout video-on-demand and subscription; Features of the Explorer boxes.
- TIME WARNER CABLE LAUNCHES REMOTE DVR MANAGER FOR DESERT CITIES MARKET. // Public Record (0744205X);10/26/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 43, p3
The article reports on the launch of the Remote Digital Video Recorders (DVR) Manager of Time Warner Cable Inc. for their customers in desert cities market.
- Time Warner Cable Testing Digital Recorder. Zitrin, Richard // MediaWeek;10/21/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 38, p9
Presents information on a digital video recording (DVR) device from Time Warner Cable. Details of the test conducted by the company for the DVR on television viewers in Rochester, New York City; Amount paid by television viewers per month for renting the device; Features of the DVR.
- THROUGH THE WIRE. Haugsted, Linda; Reynolds, Mike; Donohue, Steve; Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;2/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p6
Presents news briefs on cable television broadcasting in the U.S. as of February 2005. Partnership of Adelphia Communications Corp., Charter Communications Inc. and Time Warner Cable to launch an art contest for high school students; Issues regarding the planned merger of SCC Communications...
- Time Warner testing S-A's 'digital overlay.' // CED;Jun2004, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p14
Reports on Time Warner Cable's testing of a technology from Scientific-Atlanta Inc. (S-A) that enables S-A digital boxes to operate on cable systems based on Motorola Broadband's MediaCipher conditional access platform; Description of the S-A digital overlay.