CHEERING TEMPERED DURING 'NINE INNINGS'
- Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel. Glynn, Gillian // Entertainment Weekly;12/30/2005, Issue 856/857, p134
The article reviews the television program "Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel."
- Super Bowl XXXIX. Lowry, Brian // Variety Movie Reviews;2/ 7/2005, p1
The article reviews the television broadcast of Super Bowl XXXIX.
- NFL Super Bowl I - X (TV program). Korman, Ken; Krebs, Josef // Sound & Vision;Apr2004, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p95
Reviews the DVD version of the television program "NFL Super Bowl I - X."
- After 27 years, show still scores with advertisers. M. E. P. // B to B;5/7/2007, Vol. 92 Issue 6, p34
The article reviews the television program "SportsCenter."
- Sideline Blowhards. Leonard, John // New York;12/26/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 46, p120
The article reviews the television program "Pardon the Interruption," shown on the ESPN channel during weekdays at 5:30 P.M.
- Broadcasters welcome Sky victory. Beale, Claire // Campaign;07/30/99, Issue 30, p1
Reports on the decision of Great Britain's Restrictive Practices Court clearing the Premier League of operating a cartel over the sale of its television broadcasting rights. Impact of the decision in protecting BSkyB's hold on televised football; Support given by other broadcasters to the ruling.
- Tennis Is Served. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;12/16/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 51, p38
Focuses on an expected launch of a television channel 'The Tennis Channel,' in the U.S. Details of the deals made for distribution of tennis tournaments; List of shows to be aired on the channel; Planning on the infrastructure and staff for the channel.
- TV pick of the week. // Autosport;10/8/2015, Vol. 222 Issue 2, p80
No abstract available.
- Sports is reality TV. Sirak, Ron // Golf World;10/29/2004, Vol. 58 Issue 18, p13
Focuses on sports as a real form of entertainment. Authenticity of the games being broadcast over the television; Threat of creating phony games to entertain the people; Significance of sports as diversion.