Solid Start for New VH1 Originals
- Ad-Supported Cable Nets Score Record Prime-Time Share. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);7/07/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p6
Reports on the increase in primetime share of advertisement-supported cable networks in the U.S. for the last week of June 2003. List of cable television networks that were included in the top raters; Ratings posted by the Travel Channel for the month of June 2003.
- THE RISING TIDE. Brunelli, Richard // Adweek;4/20/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 16, pS2
The article, part of a special advertising section, focuses on cable television finance. Ratings for prime time television programs presented on cable networks have become competitive with those presented by the broadcast networks. This has resulted in increased advertising rates and sales for...
- Programming Booms As Cable Grows Up. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;8/29/2005 25th Anniversary, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p8
Highlights developments in cable television networks in the U.S. as of August 2005. Primetime audience share of advertising-supported cable networks as compared to television broadcasts; Rise in the production of original movies and series; Outlook for content providers.
- Last Fall for Broadcast? Crupi, Anthony // Adweek;11/1/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 39, p8
The article discusses prime time television program ratings and television and cable television finance. Overall increases for ratings of programs on cable television and a corresponding decline for broadcast television programs are discussed and illustrated with charts. Executives from both...
- FX CLICKS WITH PIX. Dempsey, John // Variety;1/16/2006, Vol. 401 Issue 9, p22
The article reports on the increase in the number of viewers of the advertising-supported cable network FX, during the fourth-quarter 2005 prime time schedule in the U.S. The increase in ratings and viewers can be attributed to the strategy of airing theatrical films. According to the network's...
- FX. // Advertising Age;5/2/2011, Vol. 82 Issue 18, pC28
The article, part of a special advertising section, focuses on the cable television network FX, operated by Fox Broadcasting. Ratings for television programs broadcast by the network are examined, particularly those for its television broadcasts of films and for syndicated television programs....
- NIELSEN RATINGS Sept. 20-26. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/4/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 40, p20
Presents tabular representations of television broadcasting ratings in the U.S. from September 20 to 26, 2004. Prime time cable television shows; Television stations; Television program ratings.
- Upfronts. // CableFAX Daily;4/4/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 64, p2
Presents updates on cable television in the U.S. as of April 4, 2006. Plan of the Food Network to get daytime-size ratings in prime time series; Decision of the Food Network to offer broadband series in mobile and online; High-definition programming to be offered by EchoStar from the Food Network.
- Cable proves force in ratings game. Fahey, Alison // Advertising Age;12/9/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 52, p30
Focuses on the increase in the combined averaged rating and share of the prime-time audience of cable television programming in the United States. Improvement in the programming quality; Impact of original programming on the advertising community; Benefits of cable operators' investment in...