Indies Now Host 'Concierge' Meetings
- Psst... Independents Still Make Calls. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/2/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p10
Focuses on independent investment research companies. Competition with investment banks whose research departments cannot write about companies whose securities they underwrite; Research about companies published by Soleil Securities Corp.
- A battle joined. Garrity, Brian // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/22/99, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p14
Examines the state of the leveraged finance sector as commercial and investment banks compete for any edge in underwriting and merger-and-acquisition mandates. Urgency in the struggle between investment and commercial banks; Performance of the leveraged loan market in 1998; Factors driving...
- SOLEIL'S BIG BET 'ON THE COME'. Hahn, Avital Louria; Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/26/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 21, p4
Presents information about developments related to investment banking around the world as of May 26, 2003. Reorganization of Soleil Securities Group Inc.; Integration of debt and equity capital market groups by Lehman Brothers Inc.; Plan of UBS Warburg Japan's president Mark Chiba to resign...
- Rising Yuan a Bane For China's Bad Loans? Shepherd, Bill // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/15/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 32, p26
Focuses on the possible opportunity for the international distressed-debt investment banks, if the nonperforming loan problem in China will worsen as a result of a rising yuan, its currency. List of international distressed-debt players that will likely benefit from the scenario, such as Goldman...
- SA banks cash in on Africa. // Finance Week;06/23/2000, p30
Reports on profit opportunities in Africa for South African merchant and investment banks. Market leadership by Absa and Standard Corporate Merchant Bank; How South African banks are able to take advantage of the region's political relationships; Scope for banks to be innovative in product...
- Third-Quarter Results Show Trading 'Oscillation' Cornwell, Ted // National Mortgage News;11/1/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the trading revenue at major banks and investment banking firms in the U.S. Importance of trading revenue for firms active in trading fixed-income securities; Factors contributing to the growth in trading revenue; Recovery in overall trading revenue.
- Here's My Advice. O'Rourke, Timothy J. // ABA Bank Marketing;Jun2003, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p38
Focuses on issues that banks need to know when offering financial and investment services. Factors and issues to consider in offering retail investment services; Components of a successful investment service; Questions to ask when reviewing existing investment services.
- Part Six: The Financial Structure and Banking System: The Investment Banking Industry in Jordan. Masri, Omar M. // Doing Business with Jordan;2004, p309
This article assesses the state of the investment banking industry in Jordan as of 2004. The importance of the industry to the development of the country is stated. The factors influencing the changes in the sector is discussed. The efforts taken by financial institutions to improve their...
- The Industry: THE BOTTOM LINE. // 25 Top Financial Services Firms;2008, p4
The article describes working in the U.S. financial services industry in 2007. It looks at opportunities for making money particularly in investment banking, deemed one of the best ways a young person can earn money if he likes the fast-paced, deal-making numbers and analysis job. It warns of...