Republicans Win Week for Fox News Channel
- Originals Click for Cable. Frutkin, Alan James // MediaWeek;6/24/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 25, p5
Reports the increasing popularity of cable television programs in the U.S. as of June 2002. Audience viewership share posted by several cable television programs; Impact of increased viewership on the cable television industry; Factors attributed to the success of the industry.
- Nielsen, Cable to Team? Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/30/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 35, p10
Reports that the top cable operators in the U.S. are having a discussion with Nielsen Media Research about creating an audience measuring system that can track digital cable viewers. Information on some of the cable operators involved in the discussion; Forecast on the number of digital cable...
- TVB: Cable's new auds coming from...cable. Richmond, Ray // Variety;1/20/97, Vol. 365 Issue 11, p37
Reports on the Television Bureau of Advertising's (TVB) analysis of Nielsen Media Research's 1996 fourth-quarter rating data. Cable networks' audiences as sources of other cable networks' audiences.
- Eye spies top spot in sweep. Kissell, Rick // Variety;03/05/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 3, p31
Reports on the viewership ratings of television networks in the United States as of February 2001. Influence of changes in the primetime order of things for all networks on the ratings; Television programs with increased ratings.
- USA leads cable in February. // Electronic Media;03/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p1
Presents a roundup of news from the television and cable industry in the United States as of March 8, 1999. Include ratings for February 1999; Study which detailed the mysterious disappearance of female viewers; USA Networks' preview of the original series `Farscape'; Weather Channel.
- It's the 10 p.m. news: Do you know where the viewers are? Cohen, David // St. Louis Journalism Review;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 29 Issue 218, p7
Points out the reasons behind the decline in the number of viewers watching the late local television news broadcast across the United States. Television ratings for May 1999; Challenge for several viewers to stay awake throughout the late news broadcast; Availability of viewing options from...
- Turner nets beat each of Big 3. Walley, Wayne // Advertising Age;2/25/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p53
This article reports on the audience share of the four cable networks of Turner Broadcasting System from January 14 to February 3, 1991. Turner's 24-hour cable networks Cable News Network, WTBS, Turner Network Television and Headline News combined for a 14.6 share of all U.S. viewing on a...
- Rough Time for Some. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;10/13/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p3
The article reports that several cable television networks in the U.S. suffered declines in total viewership of more than 15% in the third quarter of 2008. The decline was caused by competition with the Beijing Summer Olympics, which attracted record viewership while advertisement-supported...
- USA Sweeps Up In July. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;8/4/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p17
The article reports that USA Network has won the cable television primetime ratings race in the U.S. in July 2008. The network's ratings were boosted by fresh episodes of several returning series including "Burn Notice," "Monk," "Psych" and "Law & Order: Criminal Intent." USA Network averaged...