Comcast Rehires Tech Cited by Dems
- Honduras (Case No. 2558). // Official Bulletin: Series B;2008, Vol. 91 Issue 3 (351, 352), p173
The article offers information on a complaint by the Union of Workers of the Drink and Allied Industries (STIBYS) in Honduras about the failure of Cerveceria HondureÃ±a SA de CV to uphold rulings to reinstate dismissed union members.
- CASE NO. 2648: Interim report: C. THE COMMITTEE'S CONCLUSIONS. // Official Bulletin: Series B;2011, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p312
The article discusses the conclusions reached by the Committee on Freedom of Association where it notes that the 3 union officials were reinstated to work and deplores the fact that the Paraguay Government has not sent its observations regarding other allegations.
- 'Sacked' workers win. d'Arcy, John // Contract Journal;7/17/2002, Vol. 414 Issue 6386, p5
Reports on the interim reinstatement order won by two building workers from Liverpool, England from an employment tribunal after allegations of attending a union conference. Implication of the ruling for trade and union representation; Statement issued by union leader George Guy on the...
- Workers declare victory against Hot and Crusty store closure. // New York Amsterdam News;9/13/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 37, p10
The article reports that Hot and Crusty restaurant and its workers have reached an agreement that covers the reopening of the store, rehiring of terminated employees and bargaining with the Hot and Crusty Workers Association.
- CASE NO. 2815: Interim report: C. THE COMMITTEE'S CONCLUSIONS. // Official Bulletin: Series B;2011, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p376
The article discusses the Committee on Freedom of Association's conclusions as it regret that the Philippine Governments has not submitted complete observations on alleged violations of freedom of association of Temic Automotive Philippines. The Committee said that unionists at Cirtek were...
- Include 'no rehire' clause in all settlements. // HR Specialist: New York Employment Law;Sep2012, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p2
The article discusses the importance of including no rehire clause in the settlement agreement when attempting to settle a nuisance lawsuit at the initial U.S. Equal Employment opportunity Commission (EEOC) settlement., relating the case Hewett v. Barclays Capital.
- CASE NO. 2715: Interim report: C. THE COMMITTEE'S CONCLUSIONS. // Official Bulletin: Series B;2011, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p392
The article discusses the Committee on Freedom of Association's conclusions on alleged failure by the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo to labor complaints against it. It notes the various steps taken by the CCT before authorities of the country including the President of the...
- Interim report. // Official Bulletin: Series B;2007, Vol. 90 Issue 3, p164
The article discusses a court case wherein several trade unions, including the Djibouti Union of Workers (UDT), filed a complaint against the Government of Djibouti for its alleged refusal to reinstate striking union members who were dismissed in 1995, violence against striking workers, and...
- Ä°ÅŸÃ§inin Sendika Ã–zgÃ¼rlÃ¼ÄŸÃ¼nÃ¼n Sendikal Nedenle Feshe KarÅŸÄ± KorunmasÄ±. ÖZTÜRK, Mehmet Onat // Calisma ve Toplum;2013, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p217
Article 25 of the new Act on Trade Unions and Collective Agreements (No. 6356) which has substituted the article 31 of the old Trade Unions Act (No. 2821) has the title of 'the guarantee of the trade union freedom". The article consisting of nine subsections purports to provide guarantee for...