Jackson's Endorsement a Boost to LPMs
- Nielsen, TV Executives To Revisit Research. Solman, Gregory; Kaplan, David // Brandweek;12/1/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 44, p8
Reports on the move of Nielsen Media Research Inc. to reprocess its data about young male TV viewership. Factors attributed to the drop in young male TV viewership; Information on what prompted Nielsen to reprocess its data.
- The rich get richer with DVR viewers. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;10/16/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on Nielsen's re-releasing of premiere-week viewership estimates that included same-week DVR playback in the United States. It was the top-rated television programs on each of the major networks that gained the most viewers while modestly rated programs may have shot up by...
- SUNBURNED. Higgins, John M.; Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;9/1/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the performance of broadcast and cable networks during the summer of 2003. Details of the research conducted by Nielsen Media Research; Effect of reruns shown by broadcast networks in their summer schedules on their ratings; Move of cable services like Discovery and USA Network to...
- Power to the People Meter. Crabtree, Susan // Daily Variety;9/8/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 46, p25
Reports on the endorsement of the new television rating of Nielsen Media Research Inc. known as local people meters by Reverend Jesse Jackson in the U.S.
- WILL THE NAB FLIP-FLOP YET AGAIN? // Television Week;7/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p2
Reports on the National Association of Broadcasters who suffered negative publicity and angered some of its members when it pulled support for legislation to roll back the cap on national television station ownership. Reason for the reversal; Information on some members' decision to support the...
- NATPE Addressing TV's Challenges. Davis, Stephen; Weiser, John // Television Week;10/11/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p8
Discusses the role of the National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE) in addressing the challenges faced by television broadcasting in the U.S. Proliferation of content delivery technology; Impact of the consolidation on the industry; Increase in the number of television...
- BROADCAST ORG GROWLS AT WATCHDOG. Nadler, John // Variety;5/24/2004, Vol. 395 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the call of Electronic Media Council (EMC), a union of commercial broadcast networks, for changes in the taxation and licensing fees of regulatory organization National Radio and Television Board (ORTT) in Hungary. Penalties given by ORTT to several commercial networks for airing...
- Europe gets new iTV lobby group. // New Media Age;11/20/2003, p3
Focuses on the formation of Digital Interoperability Forum (DIF) in November 2003. Significance of DIF to the development of interactive TV (iTV) in Europe; Main objectives of the organization; Companies which support the development of iTV in Europe.
- Money & models. Guider, Elizabeth // Variety;1/24/2005, Vol. 397 Issue 10, pA2
Presents information on firstrun syndicated television (TV) programs on offer at the National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE) conference to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada in January 2005. Total number of TV programs on offer; Information on a program that has a potential to...