'Charley' Lessons Pay Dividends
- Comcast Takes Over in D.C. Suburb. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;07/24/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p32
Reports on Comcast Corp.'s aim of improving its customer service for cable television subscribers in Montgomery County, Maryland. County regulators' approval of a transfer from Prime Communications LLC to Comcast; Factors considered in the transfer; Comcast's addition of a call center in Silver...
- Adelphia 'Ambassador' Execs Call on L.A. Subs. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p8
Reports on the campaign launched by cable television operator Adelphia Communications Corp. to know response of their customers regarding service of the company in Los Angeles, California. Percentage of employees of the company participating in the campaign; Strategy of the company behind...
- Rebuilding After Wilma. // CableFAX Daily;10/28/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 210, p1
The article reports on the effect of Hurricane Wilma on cable companies in South Florida. Days after the hurricane hit the state, only 20% of Adelphia's infrastructure was functioning. Meanwhile, Comcast experienced a large amount of fiber damage. Time Warner Cable executive Mark Harrad comments...
- Surviving the Storms. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/13/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 37, p12
Discusses the impact of hurricane Frances on the cable infrastructure of cable television companies in Florida. Number of Adelphia Communications' customers who are without service because of the effect of the hurricane; Percentage of the damage to the Comcast plant; Number of homes reporting...
- BIG WIND, HUGE MESS. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p1
Deals with the impact of hurricane Charley which hit Florida on the cable television systems in the area. Amount of damages caused by the hurricane; Number of subscribers of Time Warner in Punta Gorda; Information on some of the preemptive measures taken by Adelphia Communications Corp.
- Wilma's Wrath: Comcast Hoping for the Best. // CableFAX Daily;10/25/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 207, p1
Reports on the little damage brought about by hurricane Wilma to the facilities of cable operator Comcast Corp. Efforts of the company's human resource department to contact the employees who work in the hurricane-affected areas; Restoration of the cable operations of Comcast.
- Fla. Sun Shines on Comcast. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;4/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p51
Reports on the expansion of cable television operator Comcast Corp. in Florida. Solidification of its distribution base in the region; Total cable subscribers in the region; Properties in the region that the company is acquiring from Adelphia Communication Corp.
- Swap around the clock. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;05/31/99, Vol. 129 Issue 23, p37
Focuses on the consolidation of the cable television market in the United States as of May 31, 1999. Swap of cable television companies acquired by Adelphia Communications, Comcast Corp. and Jones Intercable.
- L.A. to Cable: Cut the Complaints. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p30
Reports on the move of the Board of Information Technology Commissioners in Los Angeles, California to push cable operators to improve their internal systems in order to reduce the number of complaints from their subscribers. Information on the 2003 Year-End Statistics of complaints against...