GRABBING NEW TURF
- Giving It the College Try. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;5/17/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p26
Features the College Sports Television (CSTV) network. View of skeptics on the feasibility of airing college sports; Network coverage of CSTV; Refusal of cable operators to pay the subscription fee for CSTV.
- Must-Not-See TV. Reilly, Rick // Sports Illustrated;4/7/2003, Vol. 98 Issue 14, p92
Offers the author's thoughts on five sports cable television networks set to debut in 2003. Football Network; Ice Channel; Black Belt TV; Tennis Channel; College Sports Television.
- THE KAGAN BOX SCORES. // Cable World (10427228);10/14/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p28
Presents charts related to cable television (TV) broadcasting of sports as of October 2002. Terms of TV sports rights agreements; Information on top major sports events ratings; Top cable sports packages.
- TNT, ESPN Take Aim at Hoops Fans. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);10/14/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p48
Reports on the promotional efforts launched by the National Basketball Association's national cable outlets, TNT and ESPN, designed to get viewers. Terms of the deal between AOL Time Warner Inc. and Walt Disney Co.; Description of the television spots run by ESPN about its broadcasting of NBA...
- Cable's Other Lineup. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);10/14/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p34
Presents an update on cable sports programming as of October 2002. Highlights of the Golf Channel; Features of sports programs on Inspiration Network; Addition of tournaments to the roster of tennis games broadcast by Tennis Channel.
- Slam Dunk Or Spunked? Kramer, Staci D. // Cable World (10427228);10/14/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p18
Discusses issues related to cable television's (TV) broadcasting of sports as of October 2002. Increase in household ratings of sports TV; Plans for National Broadcasting Association's own channel, NBA TV; Details of deal between ESPN and the National Hockey League. INSETS: IF AT FIRST YOU...
- Operators Get Their Kicks In While ESPN Defends Hikes. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);5/26/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p8
Discusses a dispute between U.S. cable television operators and sports network ESPN over pricing and placement of the network in the television lineup. Refusal of ESPN to agree on a tiering price structure; Threats of operators to drop the network; Efforts of operators to garner public support.
- OPEN SEASON FOR SPORTS TIERS. Olgeirson, Ian // Cable World (10427228);5/26/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p8
Focuses on the tier revenue of sports services in cable television networks. Projected rise in rates; Forecast on programming costs; Challenges faced by cable operators;
- Golf cabler tees off. Newbery, Charles // Daily Variety;9/7/2007, Vol. 296 Issue 48, p8
The article reports that sports network Golf Channel Latinoamerica has reached first carriage deals with cable companies in Central America. Cable companies such as Cable America from Costa Rica, Cablevisa from El Salvador, and Amnet from Honduras began carrying the network. Golf Channel...