New study finds a million young carers
- Transitioning to Adult Health Care Facilities for Young Adults With a Chronic Condition. Lewis-Gary, Marian D. // Pediatric Nursing;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p521
Presents a study which addressed strategies to assist young adults in transitioning from pediatric care centers to adult health care centers. Description of the transition process; Strategies for health care providers during the transition process; Barriers to the transition process.
- Young people's views on provision of sexual health services. Nwokolo, N.; McOwan, A.; Hennebry, G.; Chislett, L.; Mandalia, S. // Sexually Transmitted Infections;Oct2002, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p342
Identifies factors that encouraged young people's use of sexual health services in order to create a service suited to their needs in Great Britain. Clinic location and environment; Need for the clinic opening times to coincide with school closing times; Pupils' preference for female staff.
- Vulnerability, Human Rights, and Comprehensive Health Care Needs of Young People Living With HIV/AIDS. de Carvalho Mesquita Ayres, Jos� Ricardo; Paiva, Vera; Fran�a Jr, Ivan; Gravato, Neide; Lacerda, Regina; Negra, Marinella Della; de Sousa Marques, Heloisa Helena; Galano, Eliana; Lecussan, Pilar; Segurado, Alu�sio Cotrim; Silva, Mariliza Henrique // American Journal of Public Health;Jun2006, Vol. 96 Issue 6, p1001
We sought to identify and understand the health care needs of young people living with HIV/AIDS, particularly in terms of their psychosocial well-being. We conducted a qualitative analysis of HIV-positive young people and their caregivers, focusing on the implications of an HIV diagnosis for...
- Obamacare: A Reason To Believe. WINDISH, JOE // Moderate Voice;9/15/2011, p10
The article presents the insights of Jonathan Cohn of the periodical "The New Republic" regarding the implementation of the U.S. Affordable Care Act. Cohn says that young adults with health insurance rose in 2010 compared in 2009, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. He mentions that young...
- Overburdened, overwhelmed and overlooked. Rollins, Jonathan // Counseling Today;Dec2005, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p10
The article focuses on the role of counselors in helping young adult caregivers in the U.S. cope with the psychological burden of their work. The 18-40-year-old caregivers are overworked and overburdened. When added to family and career demands, caregiving responsibilities can consumer young adults.
- The Princess Royal Trust for Carers in association with Young Carers International Research and Evaluation. // Benefits: The Journal of Poverty & Social Justice;Feb2009, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p75
The article presents a study that examined the experiences, needs and service responses to the 290,000 young adult caregivers aged 16-24 in Great Britain today. It says that the research included a literature review, secondary analysis of 2001 Census data, a survey of 25 young caregivers...
- Vietnam Memorial. Katz, Morton // LLI Review;Fall2011, Vol. 6, p96
The author claims he cannot recall what he ate for dinner yesterday, but the intended consequence of what, at the time, he thought to be a good deed 44 years ago remains fresh in his mind: "I will probably carry that memory to my grave." Although they were in a theater of war, where bad things...
- Young and Uninsured. Webster, Richard A. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);8/2/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on the inability of young adults to afford health insurance in Louisiana. Percentage of young adults without health insurance; Importance of insurance of employed young adults; Incapacity of young adults to pay for their insurance.
- NSF to address nursing roles. // Paediatric Nursing;Feb2003, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p5
Deals with the plan of a working group for the children's national service for England to address the role of nurses in primary and community care for children and young people. Sub-groups that have been established to address; Plan for the outputs from the working group and sub-groups.