N.Y.C. Job Growth
- Seasonal Adjustment. // Employment & Earnings;Jan2004, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p308
Discusses several seasonal adjustments which affects the statistical trend of labor force in the U.S. Sample of seasonal events; Seasonal adjustment program used to reflect changes in household data; Explanation concerning variable survey intervals.
- Unseen employment issues. Dunn, Richard L. // Plant Engineering;Oct2003, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p10
Comments on the issue of job employment level in the U.S. Prospect of improvement in the business conditions of the country; Statistics of survey respondents on the issue of searching for job opportunities; Factors in the development of employee loyalty to the company.
- EMPLOYMENT. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/16/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p28
Presents data on employment levels in the Indianapolis Metropolitan Area as of May 2005.
- State Adds Jobs as Unemployment Rises. Hughes, James W.; Mantell, Nancy H.; Seneca, Joseph J. // njbiz;4/21/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p7
Reports on the status of employment in New Jersey as of April 21, 2003. Number of jobs created in March 2003; Increase in unemployment across the U.S.; Business sectors that provided jobs for the state.
- Policies to raise employment. // OECD Economic Surveys: Poland;Jun2004, Vol. 2004 Issue 8, p97
Focuses on policies to increase employment levels in Poland in 2004. Discussion of social assistance programs in the country; Recommendations on how to improve employment prospects for youth and individuals with limited skills; Issues which should be considered in improving the functioning of...
- Department Store Jobs See August Uptick. Casabona, Liza // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/8/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 50, p18
The article reports on the employment status of the department store sector in the U.S. It indicates that the employment situation for apparel retailers has experienced an improvement in August 2009, as department stores added jobs for the first time since May of the same year. It adds that the...
- U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: Labor. // U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: Labor;2004 1st Quarter, p195
This article focuses on the labor market and the rate of employment in the U.S. Over the past 12 months, the economy has added a net 122,000 jobs. But permanent hiring is down, with temporary help services employment up a whopping 198,000 during the same period. Since employment bottomed in...
- Labor. // U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: Labor;2005 2nd Quarter, p195
The article highlights the trends in the U.S. labor market in the first quarter of 2005. There were job creations and job losses in various industries. The non-farm, private sector has added 78,000 jobs in May while the service sector added 64,000 jobs. The construction sector also added 20,000...
- Job numbers up. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/29/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 44, p7
The article reports on the trends in the employment sector in Fairfield County, Connecticut. In September 2007, the county generated 6,700 more jobs compared with the previous year. For statewide concerns, Connecticut increased its job record to 1,702,600 positions, with the biggest...