A Year of Pennsylvania's Swap Law Adds Up to $3.5B in Deals
- Pennsylvania Extends Swap Ability, But Municipalities Likely to Take It Slow. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p32
Reports on the implementation of a bill allowing local government units to use interest rate swap agreements in Pennsylvania. Amendment of the Local Government Unit Debt Act; Participation of the school districts and municipalities in fixed-to-floating-rate swaps; Disclosure of financial...
- An Open Door for Swaps. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;11/25/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31520, p1
Reports that administrative agencies involved in interest rates swaps have entered the derivatives market in New York City under the influence of finance legislation. Significant development in the interest rates swaps; Improvement in the debt management; Reduction in borrowing costs.
- Texas county, hospital district weigh suit over bad advice on swap deal. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/27/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30691, p3
Reports that the El Paso County Hospital District and the government of El Paso County, Texas, have considered filing a lawsuit against a law firm that advised them to enter an interest rate swap agreement that was declared illegal by the state Attorney General's Office. Controversies arising...
- Swaps drop as base rate rise moves further away. Norman, Tessa // Mortgage Strategy;5/9/2011, p8
The article reports on the performance of swap rates in April 2011 as market expectations of an interest rate rise before the end of the year diminish, which fell by almost 0.4 percent from 3.05 percent on April 5 to 2.66 percent on May 5.
- Asymmetric Information and Interest Rate Swaps. Sharma, Maneesh // American Business Review;May94, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p76
Discusses findings of a study which showed that information asymmetry may influence the growth in interest rate swaps. Lowering of the default risk premium to maximize the equity holder's wealth; Relationship between asymmetry of information and the resultant usage of swap; Market information...
- Deriving insights into derivatives. Rousseau, Roland // Finweek;3/20/2008, Special section p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Willi Jonker on how sub-prime risks emerged and finally overflowed and another one by Tanja Tippett on interest rate swaps.
- Interest rate swap founds an interesting case. // Lawyer (Online Edition);2/22/2013, p35
The article mentions a situation in which a banking deal can be done and financial arrangements can be discussed in relation to the interest rate swap.
- Debt and Deficits Revisited. // Dollars & Sense;May/Jun2012, Issue 300, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses reports published within the issue including one by Darwin BondGraham on the burden of debt for public agencies with interest rate swap deals, one by Chris Nealon on the history of debt and one about transit activism in...
- Miami-Dade Inks School Swaps With RBC, Merrill. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/24/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32366, p1
The article reports on the closure of interest rate swaps of Miami-Dade County School District in the bond market in the U.S. The district introduced competitive bids amounting to 197.3 million dollars to lock up in fixed rates on certificates of participation sold in auction and multimodal-rate...