Banks, brokerages to develop disclosure plan
- Derivatives group talks up netting expertise to lure regionals into fold. Dunaief, Daniel // American Banker;6/23/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 120, p20
Reports on the International Swaps and Derivatives Association's pitching of membership to regional banks that are burdened by the legal fees associated with derivatives contracts. Issue on the ability of regional banks to net their derivatives contracts with another institution; Offer of legal...
- Coming clean. // Treasury & Risk Management;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p28
Presents answers from the International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) to questions on derivatives from the readers of the magazine `Treasury & Risk Management.' Includes product services of banks; Pricing of products; Trading off information.
- ISDA Ops Study Shows Lack of Automation in Trade Confirms. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;11/06/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 42, p6
Reports that the over-the-counter derivatives market is plagued by a lack of automation in the post-trade confirmation process in the United States. Results of a study conducted by the International Swaps and Derivatives Association; Task of following up on outstanding confirmations.
- Derivatives industry covering the bases in case rates go below zero in Japan. Allen, James C. // American Banker;11/21/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 225, p20
Reports on the International Swaps and Derivatives Association's guidelines on how to amend swaps contracts for the possibility of negative interest rates in Japan. Terms of settlement; Approaches detailed in the guidelines; Legal confusion for participants in the derivatives markets.
- FpML to Extend OTC Derivatives Products in Version 2.0. Sandman, John // Securities Industry News;04/23/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 17, p5
Reports the extension of over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives products in the version 2.0 by FpML.org. Purpose of extending OTC derivative transactions; Issue of bringing liquidity to the market and technology to the standard; Problems posed by equity derivatives.
- ISDA reports increase in value of interest rate swaps. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;08/21/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30462, p6
Discusses the increase in value of interest rate swaps worldwide in 1997, according to a report by the International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA). Interest rate swap activity in the second half of 1997; Average contract of an outstanding interest rate swap; Increase in activity in...
- OTC Vendors See Fertile Ground in U.S. Hintze, John // Securities Industry News;11/5/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p16
The article reports that over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives vendors are interested on U.S. brokerages and hedge funds. According to a survey by the International Swaps & Derivatives Association of 88 major dealers, many in the U.S. said that the annual growth rates for interest-rate, credit and...
- ISDA Seeks Experts Sans Bias. Pyburn, Allison // Bank Loan Report;11/20/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p1
The article reports on the search for a council of experts by the International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA). The said council are those that could help mitigate disagreements between credit default swap counterparties about what constitutes a deliverable obligation. It is said that...
- Novations Pose Latest Challenge in Derivatives Ops. Sandman, John // Securities Industry News;10/10/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the plans of the International Swaps & Derivatives Association (ISDA) on introducing a novations confirmation process in the U.S. in 2005. Contribution of the automation of novations in derivatives processing; Comments of Karel Engelen, ISDA's FpML.org policy director, on novations;...