Cash-poor funds may take back seat to retail on new issues
- Ohio Facilities Commission Sets Deal; Treasurer's Office May Follow Suit. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;10/09/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30496, p11
Discloses Ohio Public Facilities Commission and Office of the Ohio Treasurer's plans to sell a combined $275 million of bonds for school construction by the end of 1998. Sale of lease rental bonds; Uncertainty of the size and timing of the deals.
- New Rules for N.Y. Schools. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;5/13/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31385, p1
Reports the plan of school districts to stretch out funds for school construction projects in New York. Deals on the deficit financing bonds; Formation of refunding program; Amount of money needed for the construction.
- Munis Unchanged Amid Light Secondary. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/30/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33424, p2
The article offers news briefs related to government securities in the U.S. The municipal market data remain unchanged despite the long holiday season. The Illinois Railsplitter Tobacco Settlement Authority will sell tobacco revenue bonds worth 1.4 million dollars after being jolted by negative...
- Texas' Katy ISD Sending $261.5M Bond Question to Voters. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/22/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32324, p36
The article reports on the approval of a plan by trustees for the Katy Independent School District near Houston, Texas to send a general obligation bond question to voters on May 13, 2006. If approved, the bonds would finance the construction of three elementary schools, two junior high schools...
- SCORECARD. // American School & University;Jan2005, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p6
Presents statistics on school construction in the U.S. in 2004 according to the "American School & University" magazine. Number of bond issues approved for K-12 school construction and repair; Percentage of the dollar-total submitted bonds that were approved; Value of the largest bond issue...
- Poor Parish Seeks QSCBs. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/8/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33346, p9
The article reports that Saint Landy Parish School District trustees are seeking authorization for 10 million dollars of federal qualified school construction bonds (QSCBs) from the Louisiana Department of Education.
- Albuquerque School District Makes Early Request for State Aid. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/20/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32178, p33
Reports on the search by the Albuquerque Municipal School District No. 12 for state aid for a $100 million high school to open in 2010 that will require the voters to approve a $73 million bond package in 2009. District's making of its case for advanced funding for the proposed school in western...
- Report: Long-Standing Rent Freeze Adding Fuel to Section 8 'Upheaval'. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/5/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31401, p34
Reports the effects of the freeze on rents in section 8 housing projects on uninsured multifamily bonds in the U.S. Applicability of the freeze on rents; Impact of the rent freeze on the fall of section 8 developments; Danger of default on uninsured section 8 bonds of local housing finance...
- Moody's Raises Rating on Connecticut Housing Finance Bonds to Aaa. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;10/16/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31244, p34
Reports the upgrade of $175 million bonds of Connecticut Housing Finance Authority to Aaa by the Moody Investors Service. Transfer of over $320 million Investment Trust Fund into housing bonds; Creation of loans from sale proceeds; Affirmation on the success of the $175 deal by Joe Monnitto,...