As the world grows smaller, muni fund managers take a larger view
- Wanna Reduce HY Portfolio Risk--Go Vegan. Husband, Sarah // High Yield Report;1/5/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p2
Reports that most U.S. high yield fund managers are likely to have exposure to one or more of the companies affected by the BSE discovery.
- Year-end Selloff Spooks Market. Iyer, Savita; Appin, R. // High Yield Report;10/30/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 42, p1
Reveals why there will be little participation among fund managers in the junk bond market between October and yearend 2000.
- At Deadline. Lavine, Alan // Money Management Executive;2/2/2004, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p1
Reports the Bond Market Association (BMA) drafting its own guidelines for independent fixed income research to avert analyst conflicts. Comment by Paul Saltzman EVP and general counsel at BMA on the reason for the guidelines; Unique characteristics of the bond market; Requirements to be met by...
- Knowing when to fold 'em isn't just for poker players. Karchmer, Jennifer; Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;02/22/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30583, p9
Presents the strategies of selected fund managers on selling a credit. Includes Van Kampen Funds municipal investing co-director Richard Ciccarone's avoidance of reactions to market movements and failing credits; BankBoston Funds Management Director David Thompson's exit strategy; Prudential...
- Some Bond Firms Get Euro Edge. Chernoff, Joel // Pensions & Investments;12/14/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p2
Reports that American and British bond managers with credit-related debt experience will have an edge on the Continent following the introduction of the euro. Expected shift in European bond markets to credit-related issues; Opportunities in the corporate bond market; Continental European...
- Caution sparks U-turn on high yield. Jackson, Will // Fund Strategy;10/8/2007, p34
The article focuses on the caution made by the Adviser fund index (AFI) panellists towards the risk on economic performance for high-yield bond investment due to credit crisis in the Great Britain. According to the AFI survey that subprime crisis continue to rumble in summer season in which...
- Odds & Ends. // Investment Management Weekly;1/14/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p4
The article announces several executive appointments at various investment management firms in the U.S., including David Thompson at Dwight Asset Management, Michael Ho at Bank of New York Mellon, and Robert Brown at Arizona Public Safety Personnel Retirement System.
- Odds & Ends. // Investment Management Weekly;8/28/2009, p1
The article announces appointments in the investment management sector including Connie Lindsey at Northern Trust, Michael Glazer at Bingham McCutchen LLP and David Thompson at Hammond Associates Institutional Fund Consultants.
- Advisers must use self-serve models to fight D2C growth, say platforms. Glenister, Michael // Money Marketing;10/31/2013, p19
The article reports that Axa Wealth managing director David Thompson told delegates at the 2013 The Platforum conference that investment advisers should adopt models where clients can self-serve or risk losing them to direct platforms.