St. Paul official named state's Finance Commissioner
- Minnesota's new finance chief tackles budget, tax cuts. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;03/17/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30600, p32
Reports on the plan of Pam Wheelock, finance chief of Minnesota, for the state's budget and tax cuts. Coordination with Jesse Ventura; Rating of the budget of the state.
- Minnesota's finance chief will depart, leaving state in triple-A condition. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30523, p8
Reports on the forthcoming resignation of Wayne Simoneau as commissioner of the Department of Finance of Minnesota. Reason for resignation; Contributions to government; Career highlights and achievements; Reputation as guardian of the state's finances.
- Minnesota Finance Commissioner Heads Off Into the Wild. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31446, p3
Reports the resignation of Pam Wheelock as chief financial officer for the National Hockey League's Minnesota Wild. Career background; Job responsibilities as financial officer; Career plans after the resignation.
- Philosophically and otherwise, change is in order for Minnesota finances. // Fedgazette;Dec90, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the budgeting philosophy introduced by Minnesota State Finance Department commissioner, Peter Hutchinson. How most state determine their budgets; Hutchinson's proposal to the state agencies to plan budgets without any increases; Expected annual productivity gains; Agency heads'...
- Peter Sausen, Department of Finance. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p45
Details the duties of Peter Sausen as assistant commissioner of the Minnesota Department of Finance. Presentation of the biennial capital budget to the senate; Work on the obligation sale of the state; Assistance in steering the finances of the state.
- Minnesota Sees $935 Million Shortfall in Budget Forecast. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/29/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32826, p37
The article reports on the revenue forecast for 2008 released by the Minnesota Finance Department. According to the article, the reports reveals that the state will anticipate $373 million decrease which is persistent until June 30, 2009 which is further perceived to increase at $935 million....
- Transportation Alliance Report. Donahoe, Margaret // Construction Bulletin;1/2/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 1, p28
Focuses on the release of the financial forecast by the Minnesota Department of Finance for the state budget showing a deficit at the end of the 2004-2005 biennium. Worth of the deficits; Comparison of the projection with the end-of-the-legislative session estimate; Possible factors...
- State Grants & Loans. // Minnesota State Register;8/15/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p134
The article focuses on the request for proposals (RFP) of the Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources (BWSR) for the Fiscal Year 2012 Clean Water Fund Competitive Grants. It states the RFP is a grant program which involves funds intended to the Department of Health and Department of...