New MBIA CEO announces drive to increase employee stock ownership
- Stock ownership guidelines: Good, bad or indifferent. Keshishian, Greg // NACD Directorship;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p5
Presents some of the reasons for boards to encourage management employees to own the stock of the companies for which they work. Board-level concerns about such policies; How an appropriate balance between financial risk and compensation rewards is established; Reasons for implementing ownership...
- Gucci Drops ESOP Tactic. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/13/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 91, p2
Reports on the termination of the employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) of the Milan, Italy-based Gucci Group NV. Grant of other shares to its employees; Reasons for terminating its ESOP; Development of other stock ownership plans.
- Stock Ownership of U.S. Families, by Income & Age, 1989, 1995, 1998, & 2001. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2004, p128
Presents statistics regarding the stock ownership of U.S. families by income and age for 1989, 1995, 1998, and 2001. Consideration of the annual income of families with direct or indirect stock holdings; Median value of portfolios for families with stock holdings; Percent of stock holdings as...
- Meeting with Your Member of Congress During the Annual Conference? // ESOP Report;Apr2012, p5
The article offers information on the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) Association's Spring Advocacy Kit and the Congressional Company Visit Kit.
- From the Legal Corner. Nicholas, Drake D. // Central Penn Business Journal;12/9/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p30
The article provides an answer to a question regarding an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Owned? Think Again. Pepoon, William T. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/10/2000, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p67
Comments about the employee stock ownership plans (ESOP) in the United States. Purpose of ESOP; Management of ESOP by trustees; Liabilities of ESOP companies; Outcome of majority ownership and minority control arrangements under ESOP.
- New push for share plans. Walker, Jacqui // BRW;8/07/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p66
Focuses on the status of employee share ownership plans in Australia. Benefits provided by the scheme to employees and companies; Provisions of the regulation governing employee share ownership plans in the country; Barriers encountered by small companies in relation to complying with the...
- From the Editor. // Journal of Employee Ownership Law & Finance;Summer2009, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on partial termination of employee stock ownership plans (ESOP), repurchase obligation and the use of fairness opinions by ESOP companies.
- Aesop's tables. James, Trevor // Financial Management;Sep2000, p17
Provides information on share schemes all employee share ownership plan (aesop) and the enterprise management incentive (EMI) scheme, which aimed at boosting employee share ownership. Discussion on the aesop scheme; Companies that can use EMI; Main tax breaks for EMI options.