Coming weeks could be pivotal for Florida counties' building plans
- Developer's fees sticking point in talks with Long and city. Orr, Jim // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;09/08/97, Issue 322196, p3
Reports that the amount of `developer's fee' that developer Bud Long is to be paid appears to be the main conflict with the Fresno, California City Council in settlement talks that could remove him from the maligned convention center expansion project. Effects of Long's failure to obtain a loan...
- DeVos Place Steel Is Ready. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/4/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p9
No abstract available.
- Sidetracked. Davis, Andrea Muirragui // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/18/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p1
Reports on developments concerning the proposed expansion of the landlocked Indiana Convention Center as of August 18, 2003. Consultants' review of the feasibility of diverting train traffic around downtown; Scheduling of meetings to give city-county councilors a preview of an initial report...
- Fate of Ridge Hill undecided. Brody, Loren // Westchester County Business Journal;08/09/99, Vol. 38 Issue 32, pS5
Relates the plans for redeveloping the Ridge Hill campus in Yonkers City, New York. Interest shown by the Mandelbaum family in developing a venue for conventions in and trade shows in Ridge Hill; Lockheed Martin Corp.'s lease of Ridge Hill; Discussion meeting between the Mandelbaums and...
- Commercial success. Radke, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/5/2001, Issue 322730, p1
Reports that the Millerton New Town project in Fresno County, California will be anchored by White Fox Creek Inn and Conference Center. Construction of the conference center by Clarksfield Co. headed by A. Ben Ewell Jr.; Planned features for the center; Phase I features of the New Town project.
- Hotel Developers Want To Talk With City Again. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/7/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p3
Reports on a change in the proposal of developers for the construction of a convention-center hotel for the Calder Plaza in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Change in proposal from a binding option to buy-sell agreement from the city to a 10-month exclusive option on the building; Reasons given by...
- It doesn't take $50K to figure it out. Cantor // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);09/24/99, Vol. 46 Issue 39, p71A
Comments on the expense made by Suffolk County, New York to find out if they need a convention center. Identification of land to use; Use of private developers; Long Island's attractions; Problems to overcome.
- County starts funding for Grand Center. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;07/26/99, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the Kent County, Michigan government's funding for the Grand Center expansion project. County commissioners' approval of the allocation; Lodging excise tax revenues as source of the funds; County Finance Committee's recommendation of the allocation.
- Puerto Rico Convention Center breaks ground. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;4/27/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 16, p14
Reports on the planned construction of the Puerto Rico Convention Center at the Americas World Trade District (AWTD) in Puerto Rico. Number of permanent and construction jobs to be created by the project; Total area space of the convention center; Construction manager of the AWTD; Anchor tenant...