Market snapshot: Monday, January 11
- Muni prices fall 3/8 to 1/2 point as treasury prices melt down. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;12/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30788, p2
Reports on the decline in prices of municipal bonds in the United States on December 14, 1999. Sellers' routing of the bond market in the wake of unfavorable retail sales data; Sale of treasury bonds; Resilience in the intermediate range where market participants still report demand for a light...
- Munis join in treasuries' rally as long bond supply keeps shrinking. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;02/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30821, p2
Reports on municipal bond prices in the United States on February 2, 2000. Rise in the 30-year Treasury bond market; Hike in the Federal Funds target for overnight lending and discount rate; Spread between yields on two-year notes and 30-year bonds; Continuing fears of inflation.
- Municipal Bond Prices Finish Firm; Philadelphia Gas Works Deal Priced. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;06/15/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31161, p2
Reports on the status of municipal bond prices in the United States as of June 14, 2001. Comparison with rise in Treasuries in response to favorable wholesale inflation data; Impact of overnight global equity weakness; Municipal market's shouldering of multi-billion dollars worth of new debt.
- Munis, treasuries take a dip as quiet secondaries decline sharply. Rannazzisi, Julie; Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;01/21/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30314, p1
Reports on the decline in prices of municipal bonds and Treasury securities on January 20, 1998. Losses suffered by the secondary municipal market in mid-session dealings; Increase in number of bid-wanted lists; Decline in 30-year cash bond yield.
- Muni Bond Prices Finish Unchanged Ahead of Today's Unemployment Data. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;10/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30991, p2
Reports on developments relevant to the market for municipal bonds in the United States as of October 6, 2000. Increase in the prices of Treasury bonds; Moderate bid-wanted flow in the secondary market for municipal bonds; Light trading activity for municipal bonds.
- Municipals End 3/8 to 1/2 Lower; Market Awaits Week's New Issues. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;01/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31057, p2
Reports that municipal bond prices in the United States finished lower on January 12, 2001. Moderate to active trading; Decline in Treasuries prices; Absence of changes in the producer price index (PPI) in December 2000; Calculated total of municipal bonds scheduled for negotiated sale;...
- Soaring treasuries fail to impart similar lift to the municipal market. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;10/17/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30254, p1
Reports on the unchanged prices of municipal bonds giving modest gains for treasury bonds in the United States. Negotiated issues underwriters' lowering of yields in some maturities; Comments from brokers; Decline in the Federal Reserve Bank's general business activity diffusion index; Rise of...
- Treasuries slip, municipals firm as short week gets underway. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/25/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30280, p1
Reports that municipal bond prices have remained unchanged following the November 24, 1997 trading session in the United States. Evasion of weakness in the government securities market that led to decreases in other bond prices; Factors for the lack of change; Issue for the Irving Independent...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;06/02/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30904, p36
Presents data on the municipal bond market in the United States. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Government securities prices; State and local government series rates; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Municipal market yields.