Consumer credit rose $3.9 billion in Nov
- NEWSBITES. // Credit Management;Nov2002, p12
Presents news briefs related to business markets in Great Britain as of November 2002. Age group most concerned about the repayment of loans; Effect of fall in domestic demand on inventories and production; Fall in spending on credit and debit cards.
- Consumer net borrowing declines. // ABA Banking Journal;Apr98, Vol. 90 Issue 4, p67
Presents the American Bankers Association's `1997 Installment Credit Survey Report' showing that consumers' net borrowing for home mortgages and consumer credit decreased from 29.9 percent of net domestic borrowings in 1995 to 23.2 percent in 1996.
- Small-loan industry is changing. Casellas, Carmen T. // Caribbean Business;11/28/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p6
Assesses the performance of the small-loan industry in Puerto Rico. Entry of Banco Popular and FirstBank into the consumer-loan business; Average amount of personal loans granted by small-loan companies; Joint assets of small-loan companies as of September 30, 1996; Marketing strategies...
- Debt fuels boom in equity loans for more than homes are worth. Timmons, Heather // American Banker;12/17/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 240, p11
Cites the boom in the equity loans business in the United States. Demand from homeowners loaded with credit card debt; Concept of loan-to-value (LTV) lending; Underwriting an LTV loan; Lenders' refusal to make an LTV loan to certain borrowers.
- Structural Shift In Lending Practices. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Oct2010, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p5
The article reports on the structural shift in lending practices in Mexico as consumer credit continues to slow down and household consumption goes to a lower level from January to July 2010.
- Consumer credit still buoyant but mortgages subdued. Smith, Richard // Credit Management;Dec98, p10
Reports on the growth of consumer credit in the United Kingdom. Figures on the total lending to individuals during August 1998; Decrease in mortgage lending; Comments from CML director general Michael Coogan.
- Personal borrowing steady. // Credit Management;May99, p17
Presents data on personal borrowing in Great Britain in 1998. Growth statistics on total lending to individuals, outstanding secured lending, gross advances, loans approved and consumer credit.
- Lending growth sustained. // Credit Management;Aug99, p6
Focuses on the total lending growth in Great Britain as of August 1999. Details on secured lending and gross advances; Overview of the consumer credit growth.
- Steady lending increase. // Credit Management;Oct99, p6
Reports on the growth of personal loans in Great Britain in June 1999. Comparative loan figures/statistics for May 1999.
- Rise in personal borrowing. // Credit Management;Sep2000, p13
Reports on the growth of personal loans and consumer credit in Great Britain, in May 2000. Comparison with personal lending in April.