'The Desks': A Web site adds transparency to derivatives
- For all the Internet hype, retail buyers find slim data pickings. Richtmyer, Richard // Bond Buyer;07/09/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30183, p22
Lists web sites which offers information on municipal bonds in the United States. Includes Fitch Investors Service's web site; Bonds Online from Twenty-First Century Municipals Inc.; E-Muni or Electronic Municipal Statistics site; Thomson Municipal Market Monitor from Thomson Market Information...
- Municipal disclosure. Richtmyer, Richard // Bond Buyer;07/23/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30193, p30
Focuses on the developments after the launch of the Web sites related to municipal bond market. Changes in the web site Municipal Securities Disclosure Archive; Subscription fee; Real intention of the E-Muni web site.
- Another Heavyweight Enters the Online Muni Ring. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;06/05/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30905, p29
Comments on issues in the United States bond market. Arrival of TheMuniCenter, an Internet-based platform for secondary market trading of municipals; Internal Revenue Service's plan to examine the three outstanding tobacco settlement-backed bond issues.
- Firms Backing Shared Platform for Order Entry. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/27/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30879, p1
Focuses on several municipal bond underwriters supporting the use of a shared platform designed to make the adoption of Internet-based electronic order entry systems easier for buyers in the United States. Market debut of the electronic order entry system developed by Dalcomp; Opportunity for...
- Boulder County, Colo., calls breakthrough Internet auction a success. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;01/28/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30817, p3
Reports on the strong demand for Boulder County, Colorado's open-space sales and use tax revenue bonds in the first Internet-exclusive auction on a private-label Web site. Hanifen Imhoff Inc. as the winning bidder; Terms under the online auction; Firms qualified for the online auction.
- Future is here: Pittsburgh will auction GOs via Internet. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;11/13/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30272, p1
Announces Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania's plan to accept bids on its $70 million general obligation bond deals through the Municipal Auction Web site. Background on the site developed by Grant Street Advisers to allow underwriters and investors to compete for bond offerings through the Web; Initial...
- Top 15 Web sites. // Caribbean Business;9/2/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p33
Lists the top 15 Web sites in Puerto Rico as of September 2, 1999. Includes America Online Network; Microsoft Corp. sites; Go Network; Time Warner Online.
- WEBSITE REVIEWS. // Community Care;2/28/2002, Issue 1411, p44
Reviews several Web sites in Great Britain. Features of www.younglivin.org.uk; Information on the Web site of Nottinghamshire and Nottingham's Parent Partnership project; Services offered by the Web site www.parentlineplus.org.uk.
- E-mail From Mexico. Borden, Tessie // Hispanic;Nov2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p38
Focuses on the Web site of people living in Puebla, Mexico. Goal of the Web site; How the Web site helped Puebla residents during the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States; Benefits of having a Web site.