Distance learning challenges trainers
- Taking the distance out of distance learning. Smith, Constance Ridle // Training & Development;May96, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p87
Discusses how to facilitate distance learning among employees in the United States. Includes encouragement of participation; Enhancement of staffing; Different types of distance learning sessions; Strategies in using the learning sessions.
- Training. // Personnel Today;7/2/2002, p4
Reports developments on in-service training in Great Britain as of July 2002. Launch of a pilot e-learning scheme by the Electricity Training Association; Release of the Call2Contact training scheme by E-skills UK; Offer of training courses for health professionals by the National Society for...
- E-Learning: No Just For E-Normous Companies Anymore. Tyler, Kathryn // HR Magazine;May2001, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p82
Focuses on the benefit of companies in moving its employee training effort online. How small firms can benefit from e-learning; Advantages of e-learning; Guide in selecting a provider of e-learning; Potential challenges in offering training online. INSETS: E-Learning Basics;Custom Design Tips.
- School's Out. Raman, Arjun // Siliconindia;May2002, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p50
Examines e-learning for corporate training applications. Advantages of e-learning technology; Trends in the e-learning market; Return on investment.
- Start-up guide to distance learning. Abernathy, Donna // Training & Development;Dec97, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p39
Presents a guide to implementing a distance learning program for employee training. Trends and technologies; Integration of interactivity into each distance learning course; Promotion of participation; Adjustment of message style; Teletraining.
- E-Learning Catches on, Shows No Sign of Slowing. Inscoe, Steve // San Diego Business Journal;08/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p24
Reports on the increasing popularity of distance education or online learning. Delivery of learning content via electronic media; Spendings of corporations on e-learning; Customization of the training experience.
- E-learning takes worker training out of the classroom. Webster, Richard // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);03/26/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p34
Focuses on the use of electronic learning or e-learning programs for worker training in the United States. Overview of the e-learning market; Attractiveness of e-learning to corporations and small business; Major providers of online training courses.
- New Dimensions in Distant Learning. Eldridge, John R. // Training & Development Journal;Oct82, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p42
Explores the benefits of distance education for employee training. Computer-assisted instruction; Distinction between international and intranational training delivery; Development of electronic bulletin boards.
- E-fficiency leads to sector boom. Anastasi, Nick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/12/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 19, p25A
Provides an overview on e-learning, the ability to deliver training and education through the Web. Advantages of e-learning, according to Cisco Systems President John Chambers; Projected market value of e-learning by the year 2005; Impact of the Internet on how Savio Chan, president of...