Will LTC Insurance Be There When Your Clients Need It?
- A Veteran LTC Producer Looks At What's Changed And What's Ahead. Riekse Sr., Thomas H. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/10/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 9, p27
The article highlights the development of long-term care (LTC) insurance business in the U.S. The author compares the business 17 years ago with current set up. He stresses that LTC insurance client is typically healthy and wealthy with average age of 59, certainly younger than the average age...
- Starting the Conversation. // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep2004, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p46
This article relates how some financial planners in the U.S. initiate conversations about long-term care insurance with their clients. Diana Murray of Tisbury Partners Inc. in New York, whose experience with her parents' illnesses prompted her to leave her job as the chief financial officer at...
- LTCi gets a SECOND WIND. Buzelli, Chris // Financial Planning;Apr2007, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p74
The article reports that long-term care insurance is regaining credibility in the U.S. with help financial planners. The author claims that the reasons for the reluctance of the public to adopt long-term care insurance include its complex and pricey policies. Evidence collected by the periodical...
- Long-Term Care: Mostly a Women's Issue? // Investment Advisor;Sep2009, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p130
The article reports on the issuance of the "Woman's Guide to Long-Term Care Insurance Protection," by the American Association for Long-Term Care Insurance (AALTCI) in the U.S. Jesse Slome, executive director of AALTCI, said that this guide addresses the needs of women when it comes to long term...
- A New Role for LTC Insurance. Noble, John // Advisor Today;Feb2002, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p52
Reports that long-term care (LTC) insurance is considered a crucial component of estate and retirement planning. Demographic trends that make LTC insurance so attractive to buyers of all ages; Expected growth of the market for LTC insurance; Concern of employers about LTC; Reasons working-age...
- Investment Commentary. Preston, James E. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/30/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p25
Focuses on the advantages of purchasing long-term care insurance. Provision of financial assistance and maintenance of an established lifestyle without creating a burden for friends or family; Importance of long-term care insurance in a financial plan to help protect a lifetime of savings.
- Long-term-care insurance is well worth considering. Coan, Paul // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p31
Discusses the benefits of long-term care (LTC)-insurance. Cost of adult day care; Factors considered in purchasing private LTC insurance.
- Japan breaks from tradition. Saphir, Ann // Modern Healthcare;11/15/99, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p46
Focuses on the application of a national insurance program that will change long-term care management in Japan. Implications of the insurance program on the market for private-sector long-term care; Insurance provisions of the program.
- What The Public Wants To Know. Driscoll, Marilee // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/22/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p34
Examines various issues related to long-term care (LTC) insurance. Concerns of the people in buying LTC; Age of the person who typically buys LTC.