Long-Term Care Insurance: A Risky Proposition?
- No financial plan is complete without considering long-term care. Conte, Anthony M. // Central Penn Business Journal;11/14/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 47, p15
The author reflects on the need to consider long-term care when financial planning, dealing with topics including the features of long-term care insurance policies and the benefits of long-term care insurance.
- Helping The Non-Wealthy Boomer Pay For LTC Insurance. THOMAS, TREVOR // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/22/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 32, p24
Advises agents on how to help non-wealthy boomers pay for long-term care (LTC) insurance. Offering of good health discounts; Use of health savings accounts in combination with limited-pay LTC policies; Selling of the life policy in the form of a life settlement.
- Planners recommend action on long-term care insurance. Klein, Melissa // Accounting Today;11/3/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p18
Provides tips from financial planners on purchasing long-term care insurance (LTCI). Advantage of acquiring an LTC insurance earlier; Average age of persons purchasing LTCI; Importance of having LTCI.
- Long-Term Care Insurance Advanced Tax Issues. Jones, Lawrence // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Sep2004, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p51
Qualified long-term care insurance (LTCi) is a valuable and important financial planning tool. Although LTCi is generally treated as an accident and health plan, and as such enjoys several tax advantages, questions remain about the tax consequences of its use in various planning scenarios. This...
- MAKING THE TRANSITION FROM LIFE TO LONG-TERM CARE INSURANCE. Jordan, Joseph W. // Life Insurance Selling;Nov2009, Vol. 84 Issue 11, p54
The article discusses the importance of adding long-term care insurance (LTCI) to retirement planning schemes. According to the author, LTCI contributes financial services professionals and life insurance producers to help protect their clients, and their clients families against the financial...
- A New Take on Long-Term Care. Goldberg, Roy C. // Financial Planning;Sep2006, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p109
The article presents suggestions for financial planners on selling long-term care (LTC) insurance. LTC insurance can be presented to clients as a risk management tool, a part of their overall financial plan to secure their retirement income and protect their estate planning distribution plans....
- LONG-TERM SCARE. BRASWELL, MASON // On Wall Street;Sep2013, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p28
The article reveals that the primary reason why most people buy long-term care insurance (LTCI) is the fear of depleting wealth or saddling family members with the costs of providing care. It says that 70% of people aged 65 will eventually need some level of services in meeting personal care...
- A Little Help From Our Friends. Thompson, Helen // Advisor Today;Oct2005, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p26
The article discusses the importance of establishing a long-term care plan for senior citizens. Some senior citizens refuse to consider long-term care insurance but sharing other people's experiences with them makes them more open to the idea. Advisors believe that long-term care planning should...
- The Medicaid Trust. Krooks, Bernard A.; Blattmachr, Jonathan G. // Trusts & Estates;May2010, Vol. 149 Issue 5, p18
This article offers tips for advisors on how to devise a Medicaid trust that will help their older clients defray expensive long-term care without depleting their personal assets. The authors advise that, to preclude any taxable gift when the trust is made, the client must retain a power to...