MBIA CEO David Elliott retires, bond insurer names Joseph Brown successor
- MBIA's Elliott honored at fete. // Bond Buyer;05/18/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30643, p28
Highlights MBIA Inc.'s celebration of its 25th anniversary as well as its tribute to retiring chairman David Elliott. Video tribute presented to Elliott; Successor of Elliott.
- MBIA chairman's exit caps a quarter-century of growth. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;05/13/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30640, p1
Focuses on David Elliott's resignation as chairman of the United States-based insurance company, MBIA Inc. Evolution from a joint venture into the major triple-A rate monoline financial guaranty insurance company; Market capitalization; Business acumen of Elliott.
- MBIA Inc. Chairman Jay Brown Declined $1.5 Million Bonus in 2008. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;3/11/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33078, p7
The article reports on the refusal of MBIA Inc. chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Jay Brown of a $1.5 million bonus offered by the company's board in 2008 based on a Securities and Exchange Commission. Brown received $437,500 in salary last year and that his salary will remain at...
- Gary Dunton to Replace Jay Brown As MBIA Inc.'s New Chief Executive. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;3/15/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31841, p6
Announces the appointment of president Gary Dunton as CEO of insurance company MBIA Inc., replacing Jay Brown. Views of Dunton on the state of the insurance industry.
- Moody's Review 'Surprises' MBIA. // American Banker;1/22/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 14, p9
The article reports that MBIA Inc. was surprised by a Moody's Investor Service move to pull its important credit rating under review. The Moody's announcement helped send shares of the bond insurer down 19%. MBIA said that its capital-strengthening regimen meets or exceeds the requirements...
- MBJA Withdraws from AFGI, Citing Different 'Vision'. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;2/22/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32821, p28
The article reports on the withdrawal of MBIA Inc. from the Association of Financial Guaranty Insurers in the U.S. MBIA chief executive officer (CEO) Joseph Brown stated that the company and the trade association no longer share a common vision for the industry. Brown said that the company is...
- MBIA Talks 2Q Gain; Ambac Still Warns of Bankruptcy. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;8/11/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33365, p7
The article reports on the warning of MBIA Inc.'s chief executive officer (CEO) Jay Brown regarding bankruptcy protection of Ambac Financial Group Inc. in the U.S. It notes that the CEO has warned investors that its company have proven the durability of balance sheet. It mentions that the...
- MBIA reports 3Q loss. Yurcan, Bryan F. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/5/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 45, p2
The article focuses on the third quarter loss reported by MBIA Inc. due to cutting the value of its derivative portfolio in the U.S. According to Gary Dunton, MBIA chairman and chief executive, the spreads widened significantly across the market resulting to their insured credit derivatives...
- people. // Learning Disability Practice;Sep2008, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p9
The article offers information related to the field of learning disability. It mentions the appointment of Mark Goldring as the new chief executive of the company Mencap. David Elliott, a community learning disability nurse, has received an Excellence in Nursing award from South Staffordshire...