An off-line talk about in-line skating
- New show skates away with the Super Show. // Discount Store News;2/6/95, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the addition of in-line skates in a separate show during the Super Show's 10th anniversary celebration in Atlanta, Georgia. Location of the show in the auditorium of the Georgia World Congress Center; Seneca as one of the exhibitors; Increase of exhibition space.
- Rollerblade reminds everyone that its success is not generic. Goerne, Carrie // Marketing News;3/2/1992, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p1
The article explores the popularity of Rollerblade Inc., a company that manufactures in-line skating equipment in the U.S. The efforts launched by the company to avoid becoming the generic term for in-line skating are highlighted, such as pairing with Blade Gear and launching print and...
- A new take on roller skates. Mraz, Stephen J. // Machine Design;9/16/2004, Vol. 76 Issue 18, p57
Features the VSK8 roller skate developed by G.I.D. Development Corp. Design and illustration of the roller skate; Advantage over in-line skates.
- REINVENTING THE WHEEL. J.M. // Shape;Aug2000, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p52
Features the Parabolics line of in-line skates. Innovations in design; Stability of ride; Price.
- Walk 'n' roll. Gorant, JIm // Popular Mechanics;Apr98, Vol. 175 Issue 4, p38
Presents detachable in-line skates with soft boots. Difference between hard and soft boots; Comparison between the boots of Rossignol boots and Hypno boots; Intersole device of the skates.
- Take it slow. Crossingham, John // In-Line Skating in Action;2003, p10
This article offers advice on learning how to skate, using in-line skates. Before you try to skate, you must learn how to balance. The best way to get comfortable is to walk while wearing the skates. A stance is a body position you hold while skating. To find your basic stance, place your feet...
- TV REWIND. Schneider, Stu // Golf World;2/4/2005, Vol. 58 Issue 27, p7
Reports developments related to golf in the U.S. Television coverage of the Caltex Masters on The Golf Channel; Inaugural broadcast of the PGA Merchandise Show; Feature of sporting goods at American Broadcasting Company.
- POP A WHEELIE. Caplan, Jeremy // Time;5/2/2005, Vol. 165 Issue 18, p91
Mentions several new types of in-line skates, skateboards, bicycles, and scooters. The popularity of cartoons on skateboards; Details of a new brand of in-line skates.
- Get in line. Brody, Liz // Shape;Jun96, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p112
Presents information from the National Sporting Goods Association in the United States, which showed the increase in in-line skating in the country. Comments from Charles Roy Schroeder, professor of human movement sciences and education at the University of Memphis; Basic skills in skating;...