Airmen shatter blood donation record
- Bloodworks. // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Jul2008, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p11
The article focuses on the study reported by ABC News in May 2008 that teenage blood donors in the U.S. are most likely to have complications when they donate. The finding depicts that minor reactions such as dizziness and other symptoms decreased the chance that they will be willing to donate...
- THE HUMAN DONOR KEBAB. // Ralph;Jul2006, p48
The author relates his experience in donating blood at the Red Cross non-governmental organization. Over half a million Australians donate blood every year but the blood banks are still short of supply. Red Cross usually provides food for blood donors. One donation can help at least three...
- Blood donors save lives. BERRY, EMI // Money (Australia Edition);Aug2012, Issue 148, p30
The article reports on the effort of the Australian Red Cross Blood Service to appeal for more people to donate blood.
- Red alert. // Science World;2/10/95, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p5
Presents a graph showing the amount of blood donated at Red Cross donation centers in the United States every year since 1985.
- Red Cross seeks additional blood donors Aug. 16-31. // Ellis County Press;8/8/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p10
The article offers information on the blood donation program of Red Cross to be conducted in Dallas County and Ellis County in Texas from August 16-31, 2013.
- Greek life organizes blood donations. // Pipe Dream;4/16/2010, Vol. 77 Issue 19, p3
A photograph of the members of Alpha Chi Rho fraternity and Phi Sigma Sigma sorority organizing a blood drive to support the Red Cross in New York.
- How you can help during this crisis. // Glamour;Nov2001, Vol. 99 Issue 11, p179
Offers tips to offer help at the crisis after September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States. Donations via Web sites; Participation in the Red Cross local chapters; Platelet donations.
- MEDICAL CALENDAR. // St. Charles Journal;11/9/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 80, pB6
A calendar of medical events in Saint Charles, Missouri for November 2011 is presented which includes the blood drive, the Red Cross training, and the Creating Wellness workshop.
- Blood drive on tap Tuesday. // Graham Leader;11/4/2012, Vol. 137 Issue 23, p10A
The article informs that a blood drive camp will be organized by the Graham American Red Cross organization at the American Legion Building in Graham, Young County, Texas on November 6, 2012.