Benevolent cyclist takes high road for charity
- RIDERS RALLY TO HELP FELLOW RIDER. Otto, Casey // Ride BMX;Nov2002, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p46
Reports the fund raising of bicycle riders for Burks McGuire of St. Louis, Missouri. Injury during the dirt jumping at Woodward Camp; Objectives of the fund raising; Contact information for donations.
- Wind in your face...Charity in your legs. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/17/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p2
The article reports on the fund raising campaign initiated by more than 100 intrepid cycling fans for central Catskills charities in New York on May 22, 2010 and will be riding anywhere from 14 to 75 miles through the river valleys of Delaware County.
- Journey of Hope. // TCU Magazine;Fall2009, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p7
The article reports that cyclists Cameron Sparks and David Clifton have participated in a 67-day bike ride fund raising for persons with disabilities in the U.S. in summer 2008.
- Ride for the Cure cyclists battle cancer. Tardif, Richard // Eastern Door;10/8/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p27
The article reports on the six cycling teams participated in the Ride to Conquer Cancer awareness event in Kahnawake, Quebec.
- 100-mile bike challenge planned. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/11/98, Vol. 45 Issue 19, p52
Provides information on the 1998 Challenge event wherein hundreds of bicyclists in New York will ride 100 miles in one day on June 13, 1998 to raise funds to fight HIV/AIDS and bias crimes.
- Cyclists Inspire! // Permaculture Magazine;Fall2011, Issue 69, p42
The article reports that cyclists from the social enterprise Brake The Cycle travelled to John O'Groats from Lands End in England to raise funds and awareness for charities namely AfriKids to help people in Ghana, Africa and The Otesha Project that helps create a greener, cleaner and fairer world.
- Aussie Riders Raise Thousands for Charity. // Bicycling Australia;Jan/Feb2010, Issue 161, p24
The article offers information on the fund raising moves of cyclists for the Bottlemart Smiling for Smiddy Challenge, to fund prostate cancer research, and the ChildFund Australia, to construct a new school in Chouk Meas in Svay Rieng in Cambodia.
- SNAPSHOT. // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/12/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 37, p23
A photograph of the Chabaso Bakery's bike-riding team at the "Closer to Free" fundraiser outside Yale Bowl in New Haven, Connecticut is presented.
- Tower To Tower sponsored bike ride! // Vending International;Jun2015, p7
The article reports on the bicycle ride of VI team, an intrepid group of 15 cyclists from the vending industry, that will set off from London to Paris with an aim to help Macmillan & EduKaid.