BUILDING A BETTER IRAQ
- Depot Maintenance: Army Report Provides Incomplete Assessment of Depot-Type Capabilities: NSIAD-00-20. Warren, David R. // GAO Reports;10/15/1999, p1
Depot maintenance and repair involves the overhaul, upgrade, and rebuilding of military systems, subsystems, parts, and assemblies. In recent years, some depot maintenance workloads have become fragmented--that is, some depot maintenance workloads have shifted to nondepot facilities--leading to...
- New division completes tests, begins full production. Ricchiazzi, Anthony // Army Communicator;Spring2001, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p6
The article reports that first-article tests have been completed for Tobyhanna Army Depot's (TAD) Night-Vision/Electro-Optics (NVEO) Division and that all facilities are on-line for workload in 2001. It says Mike Rutherford, an optical instrument repairer, is responsible for setting up modular...
- Army Installations: Supporting the War And Transforming. Prosch, Geoffrey G. // Army Magazine;Mar2005, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p39
Focuses on the significance of army installations on the operations of the United States military. Budget reserved for army installations; Significance of army installations on the country's campaign against terrorism; Functions of installations; Military agencies handling installation concerns.
- The Role Of Army Installations. Miller, Geoffrey D. // Army Magazine;Mar2005, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p45
Discusses the significance of army installations on the military operations of the United States. Status of the country's army installations; Impact of technological innovations on army installations in the country; Budget allocated for the maintenance and development of army installations;...
- Life in the Pentagon's shadow. // National Catholic Reporter;3/9/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 19, p2
The article talks about the defense spending in two counties in Pennsylvania and its effect on the U.S. Armed Forces. According to the author, the amount was enormous for the time and involved everything from supplies for chapels and toilet paper for military bases to exotic research being...
- FROM STRATEGY TO LOGISTICS. Clark, Timothy B. // Government Executive;Dec2002, Vol. 34 Issue 16, p6
Focuses on preparations made by the U.S. forces to meet the logistical challenge in the war against Iraq. Improvement of military facilities; Announcement made by the U.S. Air Force regarding the shortening of bombing runs of its B-2 bomber fleet; Other improvements made in tanks and weapons.
- U.S. national support element operations. Marshall, Timothy J. // Army Logistician;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p18
Describes how a national support element in the Hungarian towns of Kaposvar and Taszar provided as a secure environment from which United States armed forces staged deployments into Bosnia in 1995. Preparation of the Taszar site; Infrastructure improvements; Continuous restructuring of the...
- One Thousand U.S. Foreign Military Bases? // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);3/28/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p1
The article focuses on the undetermined actual number of U.S. military bases in 130 foreign countries.
- U.S. Military Bases and Empire. // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Mar2002, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p1
Focuses on the official stance of the U.S. toward military bases after World War II. Discussion on how bases are acquired during wars; Description of the nation's extensive system of military bases; Total number of U.S. overseas bases.