DFS: still standing at the crossroads
- Lord Kirkham will stay if his bid for DFS fails. // Cabinet Maker;3/12/2004, Issue 5379, p3
Reports on DFS executive chairman Lord Kirkham's takeover bid for the Great Britain furniture store chain. Plan of running the company even if his offer fails; Worth of the offer.
- Kirkham dismisses DFS slump as a `blip' despite another profit warning. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;05/01/98, Issue 5086, p6
Focuses on DFS executive chairman Graham Kirkham's explanation on the company's poor performance. Dismissal of the company's poor sales performance as a temporary setback; Overview on the company's financial performance; Comments of DFS chief operating officer Jon Massey on the company's...
- Sir Graham Kirkham. Davidson, Andrew // Management Today;Sep96, p44
Presents an interview with Graham Kirkham of DFS Group Ltd. DFS's sales rate as of January 1996; Kirkham's retail concept; Kirkham's promotional and advertising efforts; Company history and operations; Comments by different on Kirkham's strategies; Kirkham's attitude on business.
- News in brief. // Cabinet Maker;03/19/99, Issue 5130, p2
Reports on developments in the furniture industry in Great Britain, as of March 19, 1999. Includes DFS as the largest retail user of direct mail in 1998; Ikea upholstery supplier Olympia Furniture's purchase of Buoyant's Ikea factory from receiver Arthur Andersen; Average sales growth of home...
- The art of hard work. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;06/25/99, Issue 5143, p24
Profiles Sir Graham Kirkham, chairman of Great Britain's most profitable upholstery retailer, DFS. Entry into the business; Outlook about the business; Establishment of DFS; Family life; Business strategies. INSET: On the record.
- Kirkham denies Hawes move. // Cabinet Maker;11/06/98, Issue 5113, p2
Reports on DFS Group Ltd. chairman Graham Kirkham's denial of persistent trade speculation that former Landmark merchandise director Christine Hawes is to join the chain.
- DFS to sponsor St Leger Festival. // Cabinet Maker;3/6/2009, Issue 5626, p5
The article reports on the move of DFS to sponsor the famous day St. Leger Festival race meeting at the Doncaster racecourse as part of its 40th anniversary in England. It states that the meeting will see the company's name included within the titles of some of the famous races including Ladies...
- Decision day for DFS bid. // Cabinet Maker;8/20/2004, Issue 5402, p6
Reports on Lord Kirkham's bid for the privatization of DFS in Great Britain. Details of Kirkham's financial offer; Terms under the takeover bid; Employment of senior non-executive Michael Blackburn as consultant in DFS.
- DFS wins back Â£15m from Customs. // Cabinet Maker;7/16/2004, Issue 5397, p5
Reports that DFS has won back another 14.6 million pounds from Customs & Excise in relation to the Primback case which hinged on the treatment of value-added tax.