Lord Kirkham plays the waiting game for DFS
- Shareholders sell DFS stakes. // Cabinet Maker;9/24/2004, Issue 5407, p4
Reports that two shareholders sold their shares in DFS ahead of the vote on Lord Kirkham's takeover offer on September 27, 2004.
- Celtic expansion for DFS as sales jump 20%. Kidd // Cabinet Maker;10/22/99, Issue 5160, p4
Reports that the DFS company will make its entry into the Scotland and Northern Ireland upholstery markets. Revenues from 1996 to 1999; Purchase of the Lincoln House factory; Construction of additional retail outlets.
- DFS wootton bassett road. // Cabinet Maker;01/28/2000, Issue 5172, p12
Evaluates the DFS furniture store at the Wootton Bassett Road London, England.
- DFS fined _GCP_3,000 for price hike. // Cabinet Maker;01/08/99, Issue 5120, p3
Discloses that DFS has been fined 3,000 British pounds for increasing the price of a sofa by 400 pounds during a promotional offer. Details of the case; Actual violations for which the company was fined.
- Prospects at DFS 'shine brightly' as profits jump. // Cabinet Maker;04/27/2001, Issue 5235, p5
Reports on the financial performance of Great Britain-based upholstery firm, DFS, as of April 2001.
- Strong cash generation at DFS but EBITDA falls. // Cabinet Maker;12/20/2013, Issue 5866, p8
The article reports on strong cash generation at sofa retailer DFS Group Ltd. during the first quarter of 2013 resulting in a year-on-year drop in sales and EBITDA.
- DFS Group said to be reviving its interest in a bid for Barneys. Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/15/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 53, p1
Reports that DFS Group, a division of LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, has renewed interest in a bid for Barneys New York company. Information on the creditor-assisted reorganization of Barneys; Reasons for LVMH to contemplate on buying Barneys in the summer of 1996; Opportunities for Dickson...
- Act now before the opportunity is lost forever. // Cabinet Maker;10/22/99, Issue 5160, p7
Encourages furniture retailers in Scotland and Northern Ireland to examine their operations in the wake of the planned opening of DFS company stores. Praise for the company's 1999 financial performance; Revamp of the `Tom and Jilli' advertisements; Share of the British upholstery market.
- DFS. // Cabinet Maker;08/04/2000, Issue 5199, p10
Evaluates DFS' furniture store along Cobridge Road in Hanley, England.