Time wasters: blame the management
- Beat 'em at their own game. Williamson, Rusty // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/7/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 25, p26
Offers advice to fashion and retail companies striving to retain key employees being wooed by Internet companies. Enticements offered to such employees by dot-com firms; Reward-based tactics to discourage valuable employees from leaving; Equity packages; Strategy of some companies to offer...
- NEW STUDY TO HELP BOOST RETAIL SALES. // Interior Fitout;May/Jun2010, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p14
The article highlights a new study conducted by several organizations to help retail trade professionals to boost their sales.
- Turn down turnover to turn up profit. Lifson, Kal // Chain Store Age;Nov96, Vol. 72 Issue 11, p64
Presents tips on how retail stores can reduce employee turnover. Costs of turnover; Missed sales; Realistic job preview; Scored application; Personality screening; Reliability screening.
- Operating stores: High octane execution. Jacobs, Bill // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Jan1994, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p21MH
Discusses strategies for improving store operation. Multiplier effect; Training and development of store employees; Focused training programs; Recruitment of appropriate personnel; Incentives for employees; Simplification of shopping process; Use of technology to improve customer service.
- Sears debuts ambitious training program. Wilson, Marianne // Chain Store Age;Oct98, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p142
Reports that Sears Roebuck and Co. is set to launch a three-year training program to raise the skill levels of its in-house construction project managers. Increased emphasis placed by retailers on facilities programs; Firm's effort to streamline and improve core competencies; Recruitment of...
- Customer-focused selling. Grooms, Lynn // Apply;Jan2005, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p6
Discusses the strategic marketing concept in the agricultural business. Comments from Larry Pedelty, sales representative for southern Minnesota at Syngenta Crop Protection, on the strategic marketing concept; Significance of the willingness of retail and management staff to implement the...
- Are Your Staffing Levels Correct? Fisher, Marshall L.; Krishnan, Jayanth; Netessine, Serguei // International Commerce Review -- ECR Journal;Dec2009, Vol. 8 Issue 2-4, p110
Most retailers could significantly boost their revenue simply by changing one planning metric: by linking planned staffing levels to store traffic rather than revenue; by allocating the right number of staff to the right places at the right times.
- Database of dishonesty. Logan, Guy // Personnel Today;5/20/2008, p6
The article focuses on a report which suggests that a national blacklist of retail employees sacked for dishonesty is up and could soon be extended to other sectors in Great Britain. Mike Schuck, chief executive officer (CEO) of campaign group Action Against Business Crime (AABC), said there was...
- Systems Needed to Nurture Diversity. Hamstra, Mark // SN: Supermarket News;4/9/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 15, p33
The article addresses the need for retailers to implement the systems that nurture diversity in the workforce. According to panelists at the Western Michigan University Food Marketing Conference in Kalamazoo in March 2007, retailers need to have the right systems in place in order to nurture the...