- A tranny girl goes to the White House. BUSHONG, HELENA // Windy City Times;1/6/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p10
The author reflects on her experiences as a transgender member of the IL Alliance for Sound AIDS Policy (IL ASAP).
- Growing plans. Glassman, Anthony // Bay Area Reporter;4/3/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 14, Special section p1
The article reports on the meeting of the TransFamily's strategic planning committee on March 25, 2008.
- transvestite. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2366
A definition of the term "transvestite," which refers to a person who practices transvestism, is presented.
- 'Faux queen pageant'. Laird, Cynthia // Bay Area Reporter;6/3/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the Klubstitute Kollective's presentation of the ninth annual â€œFaux Queen Pageant,â€ for drag queens trapped in real women's bodies, in San Francisco, California.
- "My dad is a transvestite". McCahon, Jessica // Dolly;Jul2004, Issue 405, p49
Presents an article on having a transvestite father. Response to the crossdressing habit of the father; Relationship with the transvestite father; Response of relatives to the crossdressing habit of the father.
- WASHINGTON BEAT. // Transgender Tapestry;Summer2007, Issue 112, p6
The article reports on International Foundation for Gender Education's (IFGE) new office in Washington D.C. and transgender activist Denise Khosla's experience living in the city. According to the article the streets in Washington, D.c. are alphabetized. Denise met Pat and Trish Conover,...
- Second annual Transgender Day of Empowerment. // Gay & Lesbian Times;4/21/2005, Issue 904, p18
Reports on the hold of the second annual Transgender Day of Empowerment by the Transgender Community Coalition in San Diego, California. Design of the event to bring together transgender and allied communities in an effort to foster increased support; Speakers of the event.
- CARE Council to hold TG meeting. Laird, Cynthia // Bay Area Reporter;8/4/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 31, p4
Reports on the sponsorship of a transgender community meeting by the San Francisco HIV Health Services Planning Council at Walden House in California.
- TG issues in the workplace. Laird, Cynthia // Bay Area Reporter;8/4/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 31, p4
Reports on the sponsorship of a roundtable discussion on transgender issues in the workplace by the regional council of Out & Equal Bay Area, through the generous support of the American Cancer Society in San Francisco, California.